FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Kem cards and rough treatment

BTW.....

1150 is older than I

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2005, 01:58 AM

Speaking of those foxwoods Kems, I just picked up a set of green/brown Foxwoods Kems from gamblersgeneralstore (look under cards/Kem specials). They're around $25 + shipping. They are bridge size/regular index. I've only played with them for one night, but they've been great so far - no defects and no problems so far...
Old 01-15-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just would hate to pay that much for the cards then cringe everytime one of the guys bends the cards in half!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what you do: when you sit down to play, say "Hey you jackholes, I spent $30 bucks for these cards so don't bend 'em, or I'll bend YOU. Okee dokee?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Ironing KEM cards?

Maybe this is nuts. I was washing the edge of a deck of cards and then I towel dried them. However, they didn't sit right anymore...the edges were curvey and there were some small gaps between the cards when they were stacked...

There happens to be an "acetate" setting on my iron...I tried to iron the joker card as a test...I placed it between a mousepad and put a piece of paper over it to protect any sort of "coating." The card warmed up and seemed good, but it didn't completely restore itself. I was too scared to turn it up. Does anyone have experience with trying to flatten cards? How do you guys wash them? FYI..."acetate" is the lowest setting.

Tonight, they'll be sleeping under a stack of books [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2005, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Ironing KEM cards?

Books and time, books and time. If you want to cheat, iron your Aces and you can feel them pop off the deck every time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (don't cheat, dammit)
Old 01-15-2005, 06:33 PM

I just got a set of copags and I like them. I tried bending a joker to the point where it touched itself like I had seen on the internet, and sure enough it popped right back to place. I've since done it a bunch of times and that card is still flat as could be. It holds a tiny bit of memory for like 5 mins then goes back to flat (even when left on its side). I was impressed by that, and would think they can hold up to the most clumsy drunk shufflers.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:34 AM

I purchased 2 sets of KEMS for gifts and one of the sets had 'squared off' corners, not nice and round like my other KEMS are. So, I decided to try Copags. I like them just as much or better. I will still buy Kems in the future when the quality issures clear up. Also, as to the durability of Copags, Kems: They are well worth the investment. I used to use 2 decks of $1.00 cards from the "Dollar Store", because the gorillas at my game destroyed my $4.95 set every week! Always at least one corner bent every week. It's humid here and after about 3 hours the paper cards swell up and the stack sits 10% higher! After acumulating 20 decks of $1 cards(all ruined), I decided to try the KEMS. Havn't had one cards get wrecked yet in 6 months. Saved me prolly $60 over the paper cards so far. (yes thats right, no one EVER chipped in a dollar for cards OR brought a deck!)
Accident [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]