Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: GROW UP!!

[ QUOTE ]
STFU noob

[/ QUOTE ]

gotta post the picture [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2005, 04:57 PM

No, I guess im saying I don't claim to sit infront of a computer for 8 hours a day playing 4 tables at a time and making thousands of dollars doing it. If you are thats awesome and im sure some on this site are doing that, but I bet they aren't the ones advertising it to everyone. I play maybe 1 or 2 SNG tourney a day, so I don't expect to be making loads of money and nor would I want to if it meant I had to put those types of hours in and sacrafice my other interest to play poker for that amount of time. When I read a reply to a post I want to try and learn but I find myself having to sift through people's useless replies of self promotion and degrading of other people's ideas. And since im now adding to pointless replys i'm going to stop. Sorry if I offended anyone and I appreciate everyone that adds good poker thoughts and idea to the site. Good luck everyone.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lucky for me I never payed a dime for college because I was on a baseball scholorship.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, this statement is an exaggeration? isn't this what you were whining about in your original post?

for what it's worth, if you really want good poker advice, hang out in forumns such as "small stakes", "mid/high stakes", "heads up and short handed". stay away from general, internet, and OOT. these are mostly for entertainment IMO, with exception to internet, in which great info on bonus dollars can be had.

also, if i may ask, do you have any professional baseball aspirations?

cheers!
Old 01-09-2005, 05:05 PM

W/O baseball I wouldn't have been on a full ride and W/O academics I wouldn't have been either, but baseball paid more of it, not to mention if not for baseball the school would have never tried as hard to find me academic money. So yes I would say baseball was responsible for me not paying for tuition. I actualy finished baseball last season and im finishing my degree this summer. I had alot of injury problems, I had Tommy John Surgery and I really never was the same after it, so no pro baseball in my future. I had alot of fun while it lasted though. Take care and good luck at the tables
Old 01-09-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I guess im saying I don't claim to sit infront of a computer for 8 hours a day playing 4 tables at a time and making thousands of dollars doing it. If you are thats awesome and im sure some on this site are doing that, but I bet they aren't the ones advertising it to everyone. I play maybe 1 or 2 SNG tourney a day, so I don't expect to be making loads of money and nor would I want to if it meant I had to put those types of hours in and sacrafice my other interest to play poker for that amount of time. When I read a reply to a post I want to try and learn but I find myself having to sift through people's useless replies of self promotion and degrading of other people's ideas. And since im now adding to pointless replys i'm going to stop. Sorry if I offended anyone and I appreciate everyone that adds good poker thoughts and idea to the site. Good luck everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked less than part time last month and made thousands. You are a goddamn moron. I see what you're trying to do here, imply that that only way to make good money is by being some kind of l0ser. You probably just suck at cards and are bitter about winning players. Good luck with that.

Edit: Sounds like you are bitter about baseball too. News flash: you aren't as good as the pros.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:09 PM

the grow up part is odviously lost on you, I would say good luck with that.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you address the issue of your ignorance rather than fling insults?
Old 01-09-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wish people would be alittle more grown up when replying, if you don't agree with someone's post on poker explain why and give your reason, don't belittle them and say how stupid they are like is done in so many replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called "tough love"

5 minutes to kick off... Go Packers!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 05:31 PM

Old 01-09-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't pay any attention to buster. he isn't even old enough to drink, and cannot stay out of trouble with the law. do you see why?

cheers!