Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Foreign languages at the tables?

Yeah Swedes, norwegians and danes are usually able to understand each other, however icelandic are very different, some experts says icelandic is very close to the way scandinavians spoke around year 1000 - that is icelandians speak like the ancient vikings!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:58 AM

fa esti cu pestele sau cu cine?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:59 AM

HMM that makes sence about the icelandic but i thought that modern scandinavian would have some old viking left in it. But right enough English is very different from how it was spoken 1000 years ago too, almost another language.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:14 AM

There are occasionally non-English on the TGC Poker tables but the few times it happens a manager gets on the table within a few minutes to correct the players. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I personally prefer it to be English only, but if they're speaking in non-English I'm not that worried because I don't think anyone would be bold enough to collude through the chat. Just because people don't talk up doesn't mean they can't understand the language.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... that a player did reveal his hand (If danes actually call Q 5 "the dentist" and that's what he held)....

You have just been hit by an example of a really lousy excuse of danish sense of humour [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
I have never heard of Q5s as a dentist..... usually its called "1 sort kvinde med 5 børn"

[/ QUOTE ]

Cbfair, obviously I was joking. (Though from now on I'll refer to Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] only as The Dentist!)

Btw, you've just been hit by an example of political incorrect Danish humor: "1 sort kvinde med 5 børn" means "a black woman with five children" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hold skruen i vandet.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, you've just been hit by an example of political incorrect Danish humor: "1 sort kvinde med 5 børn" means "a black woman with five children" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tanskalaiset on ovelia paskiaisia. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2005, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are your experiences with this? Does it bother you? Do you really think people would be so brazen as to collude in any language right in the chatbox?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to happening more and more often. I doubt there collusion involved... 1. how could they be completely sure no-one is able to read what they are saying. 2. messeging services are the tool of chouce for that kind of stuff.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:53 AM

I think a lot of swedes (at least) believe that multipoker is a swedish platform and that everyone playing on it is swedish (it is being advertised quite a lot on swedish tv).

I have people speaking swedish at me on a daily basis just
because I have stockholm as my location, I usually dont even reply to that stuff, I'd hate to have people think that I cheat.

Oh, and of course the tables should be all english, that is the only reasonable way that the pokersites can enforce no-cheating and non-abusive language etc. I dont think they want people cursing at each other in other languages either.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:50 AM

On the Prima sites it is illegal. If they are doing it, just type "Admin" (or PokerManager?) into the chat box to call the monitor. If the foreign language chat continues, before long the monitor will break in and tell them to stop or their chat will be blocked. I've seen it happen a couple of times that they didn't stop, and sure-nuff, their chat was blocked.

I've seen the same notice on one or two other sites as well.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:34 PM

"I'm sure you're just talking about perogies and snow and [censored], but if you want to see this last card you're gonna stop speaking [censored] sputnik"