Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Wierd hand with 2 tables left

Why did Tuna think?? I mean he lead weak so he could get a reraise correct?? I mean a set is what he has to worry about thats all...Im guessing he understood that from the get go. As for nutters its an obvious play with such a huge reraise on the flop like that..and why is he getting tricky with the only person who can break or cripple him?? Ego?? Id have to have a VERY VERY strong read to even consider pulling this type of play off...and then after seeing how well I was doing I probably would decide against it..I mean he didnt get all those chips by playing weak tight correct??
Old 01-02-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Stars 20k Guaranteed

[ QUOTE ]
You're on my table now... as far as reads go Card Thief is pretty loose passive (he'll call down with a lot of pretty bad draws). 21paul21 plays too many hands, but plays them okay. Trapper, Yuten, and Vense are pretty solid, although Vense likes to raise Ks and As with weak kickers (Js and Ts), tends to limp with his med/low PPs as well. Hope this helps, you've got a lot more than me now

-Rizen

[/ QUOTE ]

i was surprised to see this post

is this acceptable and normal practice in this forum?
Old 01-02-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're on my table now... as far as reads go Card Thief is pretty loose passive (he'll call down with a lot of pretty bad draws). 21paul21 plays too many hands, but plays them okay. Trapper, Yuten, and Vense are pretty solid, although Vense likes to raise Ks and As with weak kickers (Js and Ts), tends to limp with his med/low PPs as well. Hope this helps, you've got a lot more than me now

-Rizen

[/ QUOTE ]

i was surprised to see this post

is this acceptable and normal practice in this forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was okay to pass along reads on other non 2+2ers?? If I was out of line please let me know and I won't post this kind of information in the future.

-Rizen
Old 01-02-2005, 06:07 PM

i would have thought that such specific in-play information was as close to not-one-man-to-a-hand as you can get

if you gave such information behind your hand to a player or two in a b&amp;m tourney i would doubt if you could walk away from the back alley

i'd certainly be interested to hear how this forum's regular readers view this type of live info-sharing
Old 01-02-2005, 06:23 PM

Well, please accept my apologies then.

To clarify though, I often see posts (and have received them) saying "oh, so and so is at your table, he likes to do x in this situation". So at what point is the line drawn? Is it when you offer info on more than one person at the table?? Is it because I gave info specific to their play to that point in that tournament rather than generalizing about their overall play?

I'll refrain from posting such information again until I get more feedback, however it would be helpful (not just for me, but for other posters probably as well) if it is generally known at what point such "information" has crossed the line...

-Rizen
Old 01-03-2005, 06:21 PM

however it would be helpful (not just for me, but for other posters probably as well) if it is generally known at what point such "information" has crossed the line..

i think if you were the target of the shared notes while play was still in progress, you would not wonder if the line was crossed. you would think it has been.

i think the line gets crossed when sharing info like this while the tourney is still in progress. i'm aware that people sit with friends and coaches at home, so i know there is a distinction between internet play and live play. i just think the ethics line should be drawn at coaching from a message board. if you were sitting next to him in his house, it would not bother me. i just get creeped out thinking that people may be somewhere exchanging notes on me via the internet while play is in progress.

should we start a website where we all pool our tracker notes and stats so that people can come cross reference it on the fly when they make a final table? something like that reeks of too much organization and big brother.

it is a gray line though, and this was all jmho