Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Poker Mountain Email

Right, if you were in the beta group you don't need a code, it's automatically been assigned, so you'll get the 500 for 500 on your first deposit, and the free satellite entry, and all your beta points are converted to Summit Points (we will be having freerolls using 500 and 1000 points).

There's no time limit to clear the bonus.

Have fun!

Paul
http://www.pokermountain.com
Old 01-01-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone crunch the numbers. Is this worse than Full Tilt?

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on what limits you play. PM points are 10 cents of bonus for every hand raked 50c or more. This is most similar to the structure at Absolute and Pacific, the only difference is that those places only require 25c rakes.

full tilt points are only worth six cents in bouns each, but you can earn up to three points per hand on really large pots ($60+, max $3 rake). but 18 cents for a very large hand is still crap compared to 20 cents for a low to mid sized hand at Poker Stars and 14-20 cents for a minimum raked hand at Party Poker.

the primary problem at both Poker Mountain and Full Tilt is not the bonus structure per se, but the lack of actual table action by which to clear the bonus in the first place.

all things equal though, Full Tilt is still the worst overall, by far.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone crunch the numbers. Is this worse than Full Tilt?

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on what limits you play. PM points are 10 cents of bonus for every hand raked 50c or more. This is most similar to the structure at Absolute and Pacific, the only difference is that those places only require 25c rakes.

full tilt points are only worth six cents in bouns each, but you can earn up to three points per hand on really large pots ($60+, max $3 rake). but 18 cents for a very large hand is still crap compared to 20 cents for a low to mid sized hand at Poker Stars and 14-20 cents for a minimum raked hand at Party Poker.

the primary problem at both Poker Mountain and Full Tilt is not the bonus structure per se, but the lack of actual table action by which to clear the bonus in the first place.

all things equal though, Full Tilt is still the worst overall, by far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, noone's exactly stampedeing to Absolute either. If it's even worse than there, I'm just not quite sure who they are trying to grab with it. Perhaps a "play daniel 5 nights a week" or something is coming.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:53 PM

Great Site 0 players on right now. I guess they are really starting slow lol
Old 01-04-2005, 08:37 PM

lol - they wanted a "soft opening", they certainly got it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Actually, I would expect they could get more players once they start actively advertising the site as open. Right now, only a few dedicated players even know about it (2+2 readers, the few people who beta tested the software).
Old 01-04-2005, 09:02 PM

That's right Joe, the timing wasn't right for our big marketing push just yet (well we did have a couple of test ads in CP while we were still in beta). There is a lot involved in bringing it all together at the right moment, but now we are ready and there is a lot of money about to be plowed into all of that (I think we will be having TV, print, ads abroad, a big push for the 'road to Bellagio' promo, etc.). So for now other than here and the other two big forums, and the beta tester emails, nobody really knows we are out in cash mode, and even that is because it leaked out, we didn't make any official announcements yet. I'm not involved in that side of things, but as far as I can tell everything seems to be going according to plan, I think it will all start to come together soon.

Paul
http://www.pokermountain.com
Old 01-05-2005, 11:58 PM

I did play there the other day and beat TJ Cloutier in a head's up $20 sng. On the 9th hand of the tourney he went all in with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on a board of A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I called with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and it held up. Ok, I admit, it made my day.