Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2004, 03:47 PM

Default Re: The Raymer incident finally made my morning paper

I'll say he's out of the main event next year sometime during the third round...

Tek, Let me know who's going to win the Superbowl, and the point spread. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2004, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As an aside, for everyone who has been saying that he made a bad move by fighting off the attackers, you know that you'd be making the same posts saying that he had done something stupid if he had done what you're telling him to do and just handed over his money.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no chance that I would have said that, because if Greg hadn't pointed out where my understanding of the story was incorrect, I would still believe that handing over the money is the correct decision. Now that he has clarified the real situation, I cannot say which was better -- I am just glad it all turned out o.k.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:51 PM

I'm sorry, I meant to say most of the people who are saying that Greg made the wrong decision. Wayfare, you've put up the only reasonably intelligent post to argue that Greg did the wrong thing, so in my post, I actually meant to specifically exclude you. Guys like Tek and Kylemontero, I think that they're just out to badmouth a guy who did something that they know they'd never be capable of.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:59 PM

To the posters that's bad mouthing Raymer..., "Bachi"
It's Japanese. Look it up. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2004, 04:09 PM

Well, as someone on the internet once famously said:

On internet messageboards every woman is a super model and every guy is a rock star. Everyone is a tough guy when protected by millions of miles of telephone wire.

That's the sentiment I apply to some of the people on these boards. For better or worse, some thoughtful people like Greg get really riled up by these guys who are probably trying to get him angry in the first place.

I hope it doesn't become so much of a burden that he stops enjoying posting here.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:18 PM

Well, if you're gonna start quoting people, I'll paraphrase Amarillo Slim and something I heard him say on ESPN during the 2003 WSOP.

"It's like I'm a kid playing tag, but I'm always It. Every time I sit down at a table, everyone's trying to beat me in a pot, no matter how tiny, just so that they can run home to their mamas and say that beat that old coot out of a pot."

Sadly, I think that this is something that Greg is going to have to deal with, because now that he's a world champion, everyone's going to be taking shots at him. Hopefully, it'll die down and Greg can go back to making the good, informative posts that he's been making since he started on here, but I guess it's just something that goes with the territory.

Luckily, every time he gets frustrated with posts on here, he can check his bank account online. Hopefully, he'll feel better after that (I know I would).
Old 12-30-2004, 04:26 PM

Default Re: The lesson ...

Who honestly cares what Tek thinks? This is someone who has posted on 2+2 618 times in a mere three months. Let's see...that averages out to about seven posts each day, or 49 posts per week...which means Tek has no life and probably hasn't even had his dick touched by a woman in at least 12-18 months....Get a life, buddy
Old 12-30-2004, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys like Tek and Kylemontero, I think that they're just out to badmouth a guy who did something that they know they'd never be capable of.

[/ QUOTE ]

And guys like you are just out to azz-kiss a guy who did something that they know they'd never be capable of. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2004, 06:01 PM

Thats a big fat ass to kiss, but he is muscle ROTFLMAO
Old 12-30-2004, 06:47 PM

Default Re: I think he did the right thing

I agree that he did the right thing. If as he said they tried to get him to go back into his room he must get away. As the self-defense experts say you should never get in the car when an attacker tries to get you to go in. The same goes for a hotel room. Once inside you are helpless but most criminals can't shoot straight anyway even if they would risk the gunshot. Greg could have ended up like Ted Binion. Odds are that even in a worse case and you were shot in the hall you likely would have survived. Don't let any of these Monday morning quarterbacks tell you what you should have done. There is a big difference between what happened to you and a robbery on the street. You did the right thing!