Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What site do you have the most uncleared bonus at?
Party or Skin 8 6.15%
PokerStars 22 16.92%
Paradise 5 3.85%
UB 54 41.54%
Absolute 18 13.85%
Prima Skin 0 0%
PokerRoom 0 0%
Pacific 1 0.77%
Other 6 4.62%
No Bonus 16 12.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Which is harder, Limit or NL?

As you said, most of the time you don't face very hard decisions in NL. This is pretty much true. You either bet with trash or a monster (not quite, but fairly accurate). However, when you bet your 'monster' and someone comes over the top all in over the top for another x,000 or whatever stakes are. The wheels start turning big time. In limit, this is never a concern.

Both are great games. Both take a lot of skill. Hardness/difficulty of the game is just player dependent as to what you prefer or your makeup.

I find limit much harder if I'm playing online because I bleed off many bets due to, well, not being good at it and impatience. NL I keep much closer tabs on the game because any hand I'm involved in can cost me my entire stack in one click.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's interesting. Most I've read say limit is not as much fun because it's grinding, playing the odds. Why do you find it more fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it more fun because I get to make more post-flop decisions, and nobody gets to stop me by going all in.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:18 PM

At low limit NL is much easier because you can gain much bigger edges. You can play more hands of limit per hour to make up for this.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As you said, most of the time you don't face very hard decisions in NL. This is pretty much true. You either bet with trash or a monster (not quite, but fairly accurate). However, when you bet your 'monster' and someone comes over the top all in over the top for another x,000 or whatever stakes are. The wheels start turning big time. In limit, this is never a concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happens so rarely that I die of boredom before it happens. Off course, live NL with really really deep stacks can make it interesting, but the online 50bb or 100bb caps makes it boring, as this can basically never happen.

Facing one tough decision in a 12 hours session isn't something that thrills this MTV generation kid.