Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2004, 02:40 PM

Default Re: KJo - An example of how my game has changed.

[ QUOTE ]
Ah....If this is true, you should be playing this +EV situation, since you will make a profit for every bet that goes into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem with that assumption is that you don't know what will happen behind you. Additionally, the equity argument is based on "hot or cold" equity arguments -- you shouldn't be playing a hand here JUST because it's got more than it's fair share of equity. Q9o has 17.5% of the equity here. Do you play it?

Some of the time, this will be +EV. When it's raised, however (especially when you play like this postflop), your error ends up costing you much more than the fraction of a +EV gain you get.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:45 PM

Default Re: KJo - An example of how my game has changed.

[ QUOTE ]
Well sure! Most are recommending fold here for getting 15:1. If the same board falls but it wasn't raised, you wouldn't change it to call now getting 8:1, would you?

But then again you would have folded pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i'd recommend folding if it wasn't raised behind on the flop. it its raised, you may be drawing to runner-runner two pair or better. if it isn't raised, you may be drawing to 3 outs.

if you mean if there was no PF raise, then a flop call may be warranted b/c you don't fear domination or a raise behind as much.

i just got back from a drinking fest at the local thai place with my friends (yes, i know its 1 in the afternoon), so if I addressed the wrong street, then let me know where the question is.

------------------------------

btw, PF is not worthy of a huge discussion. its a marginal call vs fold situation. i fold b/c i think its unprofitable. on the co/button, i may limp. MP2 is just poor position. fear of domination from the limpers is not my concern at all.