Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2004, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Hand 6: Am I being trapped?

I think the flop bet is stretching it. With two backdoor draws and two overcards, you'd really like to see the turn, but you have to fold to a raise. I like raising less preflop, and oftentimes taking a free turn card at this point in the tourney in this spot.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Hand 4: Interesting

Just wanted to point out that with the Ah redraw, I think you could check this or bet around half the pot depending on the players involved. You're not terribly likely to lose this pot if you're ahead. Preflop I'll often call here, but it seems like you get a lot of coldcalls in your game so you're probably doing the right thing.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Hand 2: The standard missed flop steal

Looks fine, though I think I'd usually bet a little more on the flop because I wouldn't want him to think this is a good opportunity to reraise allin and pick up the pot.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Hand 8: This may be a leak of mine!

I constantly do this at 30s and 50s. I'm starting to question though if it is the correct play. Sometimes when I'm sure it's a coinflip I will call or put someone all in. I love it when I win and pick up a monster stack, but hate it when I lose a chunk of my hard earned chips.

Maybe, I'm just clouding my thinking because I've lost 22 of my last 35 coinflips this past week. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]