Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Must see attractions in Vegas for first timers?

1. Shell out the dough to see Mystere. It's the best $180 my wife and I spent while in Vegas.
2. We went on a trail ride through the red rock canyons. It lasted about 2 1/2 hours. This was also really cool.
3. Bellagio buffet for lunch is where to go. Don't go to the Stratosphere for dinner. The food is mediocre and overpriced, just get a drink at the bar and skip the meal.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:06 PM

Default Big Elvis

Don't miss Big Elvis at one of his afternoon lounge shows at the Barbary Coast. Unique experience.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Big Elvis

I will again add my recommendation for <font color="blue"> Blue Man Group</font> . I have seen them 3 times. I actually had one of the dudes say something to me after the show when I saw them in New York City. Very cool. BTW if anyone saw Blue Man and liked their show, I highly advise checking out their two audio cds. If you are looking for an mp3 of there's to go download, I suggest the track called <font color="red"> Rods &amp; Cones.</font>
Old 12-16-2004, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Star Trek Experience at the Hilton is pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
This thing looked like a complete joke... whats it all about? You are the first person I know of who went, I've been wondering ever since I first heard of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably the best simulator type ride out there. It also has the most creative and fun "preshow" (the bit that sets up the ride's storyline before you board) that I've ever seen.

If like those types of rides or are any type of Next Generation Star Trek fan, you should check it out.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:37 AM

If you like edgy comedy, be sure to catch the Amazing Jonathan. It's a fun mix of horror and insult comedy that parodies magic shows. (Just don't sit in the front row...) He's currently playing at the Riveria (daily at 10 p.m., dark Thursdays). http://www.amazingj.com

I'm also a big fan of the coaster over at the Nascar Cafe. It's shorter than the NYNY one, but it's a smoother ride and you get to go backwards through the loop.

My wife and I also like going over to the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio to watch the lights come up right at sunset. The lounge is never crowded that early, so you can relax with a drink on their outdoor terrace. You get a great view of the entire strip...
Old 12-16-2004, 12:46 PM

I liked the star Trek experience, I saw the old one haven't seen the Borg.

Avoid the Buffet at the Excalibur at all costs.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:09 PM

I'd really like to see the Grand Canyon when I go to LV with my brother in January. Does anyone have an opinion on the helicopter tour from LV?
Old 12-16-2004, 01:10 PM

The single must see attraction in Vegas is "0" at the Bellagio. It is expensive and you must book well in advance but it is an incredible show.

My family loves the breakfast buffet at Paris and we never miss it.

Of course Vegas is all about the action and the attractions are all secondary.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's probably the best simulator type ride out there. It also has the most creative and fun "preshow" (the bit that sets up the ride's storyline before you board) that I've ever seen.

But simulator rides suck. 20 mins in line, and 4 minutes of ride. What a waste.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

If like those types of rides or are any type of Next Generation Star Trek fan, you should check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-18-2004, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But simulator rides suck. 20 mins in line, and 4 minutes of ride. What a waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not as fun as a coaster or good dark ride, but there are some enjoyable ones out there. Besides Star Trek, Back to the Future (Univerisal) and Star Tours (Disney) are two of the better ones. For me, it needs to be a whole package (decent storyline, good theming, entertaining preshow, good effects, and great programming [not too jerky and makes good use of the platform]).

None of the other ones in LV are even rideable, IMHO. "In Search of the Obelisk" at the Luxor looked promising (the preshow was really well themed across three rooms and included a mine elevator sequence), but the ride was just a motion theatre and not even a full simulator. Bah!

BTW, you must not frequent theme parks - 20 minutes is a short wait for a much shorter ride at places like Six Flags and Busch Gardens. (Hey, we adrenaline junkies need to get our fixes somewhere...)