Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 05:44 PM

Default Re: We were all having so much fun I figured why stop the party at 3?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
chip spewing

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, did you have to have someone hold back your hair for this? :P

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was any doubt before that Cinnamon was a woman...
Old 12-10-2004, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol...sorry that's usually just a girl thing.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol...sorry that's usually just a girl thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought all poker players had long, greasy hair ... or maybe they just don't mind it getting a bit encrusted?
Old 12-10-2004, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This translates to 2.5:1 to improve

[/ QUOTE ]
Even disregarding the fact that your math here is wrong (as others have pointed out), you can often improve and still lose. You somewhat took that into account with your ace outs by devaluing them, you seem to be assuming the in all scenarios where a Q or 7 comes as a turn or river card, you always win, and this is far from true. Not only may you chop, but you can easily lose despite one of the remaining cards being a Q or 7. This is not posev because you aren't winning as often as you think.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:37 PM

I already know the OESD should be devalued, but I'm looking for constructive suggestions to devalue the outs in a fair manner.

What percentage of the time do you think I chop here and what percentage of the time, when a Q hits, will my opponent hold exactly AK or K9 for a higher straight? I don't think its a large percentage of the time, but I agree that it still matters.

The 7 outs are probably a win or split situation, and the Q outs are similar with a small chance of losing to AK or K9.

Are you suggesting we devalue the OESD to 6 or 7 instead of 8? What measure seems reasonable and why?
Old 12-10-2004, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought all poker players had long, greasy hair ... or maybe they just don't mind it getting a bit encrusted?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey now, that's just our female counterparts. j/k. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2004, 07:26 PM

So I waved my arms around, did a little crazy spin move, a little razzle-dazzle and voila! Free card play from EP.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (10.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

I thought this hand was interesting because my flop cap might've freaked them out. Who knows what goes on in the mind of crazy poker players?

Nobody knows how to devalue them outs still huh? I can't imagine the question hasn't been asked before.