Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Difference between PP 5/10 and 10/20 short

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9K definitely does not guarantee going broke at the 10-20 even for a good player.

-Michael

If you go through $9K in 10/20, you are either not a good player, or you have too many leaks when things aren't going your way.

You so silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually i think streak of 450BB is uncommon and shows that even if you're positive player, but just a little and you have many things to improve. I had one 250BB streak in 15/30 and i still think my EV wasn't way high in this game and i have many spots to improve there.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Difference between PP 5/10 and 10/20 short

See when you say uncommon do you mean 1% or 0.1% or 0.01% chance of having one? Say a solid player with win rate x and variance y has a 0.1% of losing 450bb that means it will happen to 1 in a 1000 people; how many people do you think post on these forums? If it's 1000 people then we are hearing from the one unlucky guy. So that alone disproves, 'If you go through $9K in 10/20, you are either not a good player, or you have too many leaks when things aren't going your way.'

The counter argument is 'it's so unlikely to lose 450bb as a solid player that it's more likely you are a losing player', well ok 0.1% is an unlikely event and for some players that statement will be true, but for players Schneids it's def. not true, since there is no way his play got so bad in this losing streak that he went from say a 3bb/100h player to a -1b/100h player, remember you only need to be a 0.1bb/100h player to be a winning player.