Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Post to Sklanksy: Can we clean up this forum please? *PETITION*

His post had nothing to do with football.

It was about someone being annoying, which as far as I can tell is all you are out to be.

BTW, it isn't that you don't have "ABOSOLUTE" freedom of speech here. You have NONE. It doesn't exist. The only thing that matters is what the mods deem appropriate.

However old you actually are, you have a lot of growing up to do.

Oh and..
[ QUOTE ]
If I did it would be correct to characterize my actions as fascist.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wouldn't. You have a gross misunderstanding of what it means to be a fascist, but that doesn't surprise me.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:59 AM

often Fascist 1) An advocate or adherent of fascism.
2)A reactionary or dictatorial person.

Look at meaning 2) and realize who is wrong.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:00 AM

I do realize who is wrong. The definition only proves my point.

That is all.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that there is not an ABSOLUTE freedom of speech in these forums. And to answer your question if someone came over to my house fpr the purpose of talking football and asked me and my friends if they thought my favorite running back was overatted when compared to some other notable football players, it might irk me a lil but no I wouldnt act like a baby and ask him to leave. If I did it would be correct to characterize my actions as fascist. Think soup Nazi, he HAS THE RIGHT to deny service based on whatever criteria(not age sex race..etc etc) he chooses but in so refusing he may be acting like a fascist.

[/ QUOTE ]

To make the argument that it is "fascist" to ask someone whom you find annoying to leave your residence is to belittle the plight of those who actually dealt with *real* fascism in its time.

Words such as "fascist" should not be used so loosely. The soup Nazi was not a fascist. Granted, he was anal, but he was no Goebbels.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
often Fascist 1) An advocate or adherent of fascism.
2)A reactionary or dictatorial person.

Look at meaning 2) and realize who is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's easy. You're wrong.

In fact, you're more "fascist" than your detractors, in that you're the one arguing that the moderators should take a more "dictatorial" approach to regulating this particular forum.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:20 AM

In my colloquial usage he was indeed fascist. Not every group of people use words in the same way perhaps that is were the issue should be put to rest. I have heard several hundred times in my life people use the word in the fasion that I was here. If you do not choose to that is your choose but it doesnt change the manner by which alot of American English speakers use it.

Man, Mrs Roberts is so fascist about grammar when she grades our term papers, I wish she would cut us some slack.

This is not an unusual or exotic use of the word fascist in my experience perhaps this is a matter of socioeconomics-age-or geographic differences in usage??
Old 12-08-2004, 10:47 AM

So you want to read what only a select few have to say? Why not just go to cardplayer.com and read the articles? That kinda defeats the whole purpose of a "forum" doesn't it?
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
is it possible that this forum can have a set of guidelines or post restrictions that only allow members with a minimum number of posts, or a selected group of people access? how about only a select few can create posts? the WPT forum has gotten so cluttered with garbage there never seems to be any valuable content anymore. i would have no problem not being able to post in this forum as long as i would be able to read posts by players who are playing on a WPT level. is it possible to seperate this forum into 2 categories? one for tournament experiences and strategy, and another one for the masses to make posts about the random gossip? i cant speak for the high stakes players, but it appears that the masses of jibberjabbers have deterred posts from players such as Raymer, Phillips, Duke and a few others. How is Raymer supposed to contribute to the forums when his responses are followed by either glorius praise or envious slander? if anyone else agrees with me then please say "I".

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-08-2004, 11:17 AM

Zaxx your post just reiterates why we need WPT forum content restriction and who we need to restrict.

This is not a public forum (owned by private company), and first amendment rules don't apply here either.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To make the argument that it is "fascist" to ask someone whom you find annoying to leave your residence is to belittle the plight of those who actually dealt with *real* fascism in its time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what got me really aggravated. Good post.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:21 AM

No.

Its simply a matter of you throwing around a word incredibly loosely. It's still throwing it around loosely to say a teacher is...

You know what.. nevermind.

Your usage of the word is completely incorrect.

That is all. EOMs