Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Bunky\'s NL holiday challenge Days 5-6

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I kinda figured you mean that but you gotta talk slow when you're explaining NL to us shallow-minded limit folk

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm bilingual, I used to be shallow minded limit folk.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:56 PM

sucks you're running flat. i know the feeling; a few days ago i was up almost 1400 and one hand left me even on the day. gak.

anywho, the hands seem standard, one thing I might do is in hand one really raise those kings hard from that position. people love to think "steal" when a blind raises and if they want position on your monster, they'd better pay for it. you made essentially a slightly over PSB there, i'd have made it bigger to get HU and to get more of my stack in when i dont have position and can't really take advantage of the depth omf my stack over my opponents.

i'll be going on a similar odyssey to see if i can make the rent for the rest of the school year once finals are over. good luck to you on yours.

fim
Old 12-08-2004, 01:33 AM

It's kinda nice to hear that I'm not the only one who goes for occasional stretches of a few thousand hands (or even 10k hands) of break even play (or minimal loss).

On a side note today was a monster day for me. Set a new single day record for myself. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]