Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Re: My losing streak surpasses Jay!

i agree with robb, i bet a lot of this downstreak is your fault. put extra work into analyzing your game.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:11 PM

I've been meaning to say this. I bet you're playing too many tables, too.

Just play 4 and focus extra hard.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Between when I played 15 fulls this summer, and my second try the past few days, I'm up to -$13,000, or, 433BB downfall.

[/ QUOTE ]
Keep raising 98s UTG and we'll see just how big the streak can actually get, fish.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:36 AM

Over roughly 15,000 total hands.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:50 AM

Thank you Rob, your thoughts are one of the things that really worries me. I just cannot fathom the likelihood of this start happening to a winning player in the game, from the moment they start playing in it...

Regarding starting hands, Bicyclekick can sort of affirm my aggression is not really out of whack. I'm sure it needs tuning, and I'm sure there are spots I can save bets or lay down more. Furthermore, before I played 6max I played oodles of full table hands and I usually do alright in Canterbury's full table 30/60 games. I don't really think I am too clueless about the differences in full table vs short table.

The final thing I know is that there've been many other 10/20 6maxers who've played the 6max game with virtually the identical playing style as me, and since moved onto 15/30 and done exceptionally well, practically from the get-go...such as Nate, James, Peter_Rus, Stoxtrader or Gonores. It just seems so unlikely that these players who had 6max styles so similar to me can all just jump into 15/30 and do well, and I go in and implode. James told me long ago that he feels the 6max games helped out so many aspects of his full table game in 15/30.

Moreover, I haven't been playing these games completely blind, either... BK sent me his PT notes.txt file when I retried the 15's a few days ago and I've generally been sitting in good tables with plenty of action players.

So yeah, as it is right now, I'm willing to concede my game probably needs some overhaul and I'm fully taking blame for my losing streak in 15/30, but I'm also somewhat confident a lot of my losses have not been too avoidable.

Anyway for now I'm back to playing 10/20 6max until I get a winning streak going and have more confidence again.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The past 3 months have been a slump for me as well.

I don't know when it's going to end, but for sure the cards are not much fun to play right now. At least the fish are happy when they call my QQ with K7 offsuit, hit the king on the river and take down a decent pot. It'll keep 'em coming back which is nice.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup definitely, been there many times. 3-outs are a monster. I'm sure many 2+2ers have benefitted from the $$ I've given to rather poor players.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This discourages my thoughts of ever playing at that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just one fish in the sea. If you can stomach swings and are a proven winner at 5/10 you should definitely play it. It's been so long since I've logged consistent hours in full rings online that I cannot call myself a proven winner in it any more.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:58 AM

Hey Bob,

Actually most of these hands have been played while only playing 6-tables. I know enough to know that when trying a new limit that I should try to pay a little more attention while I get acquainted to it. And most of the rest that weren't 6 tables was done with four tables.

Regarding seeing being down a few hundo on 5 of 6 tables or something, that sort of thing doesn't really phase me since it'll happen often enough to me already in 10/20 6m.

Whenever I give it another go it'll definitely only be four tables until I feel like "hey I CAN win in this game."
Old 12-05-2004, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Between when I played 15 fulls this summer, and my second try the past few days, I'm up to -$13,000, or, 433BB downfall.

[/ QUOTE ]
Keep raising 98s UTG and we'll see just how big the streak can actually get, fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

HA HA. My full table game is actually much dif. than my 6max game, believe it or not... Besides, you were watching me play 6max last night and you told me that all I was doing was folding!! Remember that?

Just cuz I've been known to disregard position when opening in 6max doesn't mean it translates to full tables!

I can't wait for my first trip out to So. Cal just so I can hear you whine like a little girl while I'm stacking your chips. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2004, 11:44 AM

NL players never understand variance.