Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2004, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Book Snob Pinnacle

open stacks are awesome. especially in the wierd, dusty, pseudo-lit areas where no one goes.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
open stacks are awesome. especially in the wierd, dusty, pseudo-lit areas where no one goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I didn't know you better, I might think this meant you had gotten laid...[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

scrub
Old 12-04-2004, 01:49 PM

Default Woody Allen\'s Line is Better

"I took Evelyn Woods' speedreading course and read War and Peace in twenty minutes. It was about Russia."
Old 02-01-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By divine providence I reached the snob book pinnacle today just in time to post about it. I just received, today, my new Oxford Thesaurus of English (one volume) Limited Edition. It matches my Shorter Oxford English Dictionary (Two Volumes) set. I ordered the same limited edition number for the thesaurus as the dictionary set, so I get extra Rich Nebiolo anal nit points. The added bonus is that I have and will use these wonderful reference books.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's "Rick", not "Rich" [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]. Found this post trying to see what John Cole was up to lately. My most impressive anal nit book is Judith Martin aka Miss Manners' "Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior". Not too sure it gets me any book snob points though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I have easily surpass Natedogg and even John Cole in the book snob club. And there is no way Andy Fox has these volumes in his library. So I ace him also.

[/ QUOTE ]

When John Cole lived downstairs from me in the dorm at URI his entire desk was covered with dirty laundry and his bed was covered with books.

Last year when I visited his new condo his books were piled up in a massive heap on the kitchen table. I didn't check to see if dinner was on his bed though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

~ Rick
Old 02-01-2005, 06:49 AM

I think I'm in the club. Signed first printings (and personal notes) by James Tate and Lee Young Li [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I love being a literary snob.