Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 10:22 PM

Default Re: I love the smell...

I don't "think" napalm is banned. It is banned by the U.N. Whether the United States follows/recognizes/gives a [censored] about the band is another question. It has been banned.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:30 PM

We know this. The question was "WHY DO YOU THINK IT WAS BANNED?" Put another way, "what do you think is the reasoning behind napalm's ban?"
Old 12-02-2004, 10:31 PM

Napalm it great stuff. It's great for clearing enemy out of tight spaces. Much better than sending in troops to get killed. It was banned by the UN because of that picture back in the vietnam era. Yes, sometimes civilians are injured in war. It's a terrible thing, but not because of the type of weapon used.

There are a couple of differences between the M 77 bombs and napalm. First, it's thicker so it doesn't end up where it isn't supposed to quite as much. Second, the delivery system is more accurate than the way napalm was delivered. Does it still burn and kill the enemy? Yes. Is it possible for it to burn civilians? Yes. But they're not the same. It's also possible to drop bombs on civilians and kill and maim them that way. Or shoot them. Or any other of a myriad of ways. But the fact is M77 is different and it's not banned. Even if it were, it's the UN, the last people we should letting tell us how to wage war.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:32 PM

yes the U.N. has banned it, and the U.S. doesn't use napalm because of this, but they do use a weapon similar to it. I think that if you oppose the use of napalm or weapons like napalm, you would probably oppose any weapon. Does that sound about right? Thats fine too if you think that.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't "think" napalm is banned. It is banned by the U.N. Whether the United States follows/recognizes/gives a [censored] about the band is another question. It has been banned.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea. Banned by the UN. Who gives a [censored]. They're idiots. Just because some idiot says, "This is banned." doesn't mean anyone should care. Besides, Mark 77 isn't banned
Old 12-02-2004, 10:35 PM

well its just like land mines. The U.S. still uses landmines(as does a bunch of other countries) even though the UN banned them.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:36 PM

I am certainly not against all weapons. I just think it is ironic that the U.S. is on some crusade against banned (by the U.N.) weapons, so they fight people with banned weapons.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:41 PM

The U.S. is all for banning weapons of mass destruction such as chemical, biological, and nuclear.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:43 PM

So why should the U.S. expect other country to adhere to the international policy on banned weapons if the U.S. does not?
Old 12-02-2004, 10:47 PM

who knows