Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 04:21 PM

Default Re: It finally happened - first hand

How is it right? There are lots of stupid stupid people who play these tournaments thats why. Obviously in a bigger event you wouldnt. If you always act based on the same opponent profile you are not playing well. You must adjust the range of hands you can put opponents on in this situation.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait how is it ever correct to call 2 all-ins with TPTK?? I m glad you happened to be a favorite but that really has no bearing on what the corerect play was. Id assume one all-in was a retard with KQ or something but its hard too assume both were.What if one had concealed trips?? This isnt far fetched at all...

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW, ZAXX and I agree on a point. That might be a first j/k.

Also, just to clarify, there are times it's right to call 2 all ins with TPTK. This however is not one of them.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, just to clarify, there are times it's right to call 2 all ins with TPTK. This however is not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a $3 tournament the chance of him having the best hand is way higher than the chance he's behind. In fact, there's a higher chance that the all in raiser has absolutely nothing (and the next guy has Kx) than that there's a 2 pair+ hand out.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:40 PM

I cringe when I say this, but I agree with Zaxx. I think the call is horrible. You have to assume even in a lower buyin tourney that one of them is ahead with either two pair or trips.

I think this is a fairly easy fold.

Nick

p.s. As a tribute to Zaxx, I have posted a copy of my post below in what we shall call Zaxx format:

I cringe when I say dis here, but I agree wiff Zaxx. I th'o't da fold iz horrible. You gots ta assume even in uh lower buyin tourney dat one o' dem iz ahead wiff either two pair or trips.

I th'o't dis here iz uh fairly easy fold.

Nick what the f*** sup now?
Old 12-02-2004, 05:48 PM

The funny thing is I could read the bottom post just as easily as I could read the top one...so whats the problem.....