Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Filmie Films Rough Draft

Note:

It's ok to enjoy some Filmie Films, even talk about them. The difference is that a when a Filmie talks about these movies, it's as if they want their conversation to be overheard. Almost as if the only reason they are talking about the movie is so that others know they talk about it.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:58 PM

Another Note:

Most opinions spewed from the mouth of a Filmie are unoriginal. They are a collection of regurgetated information from some head Filmie somewhere else. All the Filmies attach themselves to this opinion and by knowing and spouting this opinion all over the place they officially maintain membership in the secret filmie society.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:00 PM

I think most filmies are sheep that are drawn to films because they feel like they need to like them to consider themselves film snobs, with high tuned senses of humor, with a vast knowledge of character and plot development.

"oh I loved that film, that Abraham Lowjob lead us along on a amazing story, making us care about the characters all the way along, truely a mastery of film work. Many casual film goers may not notice the references and jokes pertaining to (indie film maker)Stu Ungers 'Voyage to Air', a pure joy"

blah blah blah, typical filmie and idiot critic review that you see everywhere. I actually know a guy who wanted to be a movie reviewer, then he realized reviewing movies and being like that actually made him enjoy movies less. I am sorry, but if someone can't go see a popcorn movie like National Treasure and enjoy it for its absurdness and overall fun, then you probably shouldn't watch movies.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Amelie a filmie film? It is one of my favorites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amelie could be one. I will have to consult some filmies for their opinion. (I will ask if they like it)

There is nothing wrong with liking Filmie Films though, usually they are pretty good on some level. Many of them are even great. You are defined as a Filmie by the reasons you like the movie, and the way you go about discussing it.

If you love it that others in the conversation hate it, you are likely to be a filmie and are getting some weird sense of pride for being intellectual enough to like it.

If you just genuinely like a movie cuz you like it, you don't qualify for the SFS.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:11 PM

Then shouldn't this thread be scrapped in favor of one called, "These people are phonies."
Old 12-01-2004, 05:12 PM

David Lynch put Naomi Watts and Laura Harring together in a girl on girl nude scene not once, but twice. He has a "get out of jail (or negative list) card" from me.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David Lynch put Naomi Watts and Laura Harring together in a girl on girl nude scene not once, but twice. He has a "get out of jail (or negative list) card" from me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now see that's o.k. You can like the movie for girl on girl, but if you start trying to spout some crap about the importance of this film for pointing out the social underpinnings of lesbianism in modern society, you're a filmie.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:17 PM

Bah, all too famous. Filmie movies should be more obscure, like "Burn" or "The 400 Blows".
Old 12-01-2004, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bah, all too famous. Filmie movies should be more obscure, like "Burn" or "The 400 Blows".

[/ QUOTE ]shut up filmie
Old 12-01-2004, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Now see that's o.k. You can like the movie for girl on girl, but if you start trying to spout some crap about the importance of this film for pointing out the social underpinnings of lesbianism in modern society, you're a filmie.

[/ QUOTE ]

werd