Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2004, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Bar bets

I can actually make your poolball without using another one. Its pretty tricky and you'd have to be good as well as know the table, but....place the cue ball touching the object ball and shoot it across the table. Do it at an angle so it hits the object ball towards the hole. If you have the correct angle and velocity the cue ball will bounce off the wall, come back and hit the object ball in the pocket as it is rolling past it. Like I said, difficult to do, but impressive looking.

I have one card trick that's pretty good.

Shuffle deck of cards, let sucker cut, shuffle etc. Let them pick card from the deck. Tell them to show it to everyone, write it down, memorize, etc. Sneak a peek at bottom card of deck. Sucker places their card on top of deck, cuts once. Their card is immediatley after "your" card. Announce you will find their card now. Start turning over the cards one by one in a line. While doing this count or say magic words or whatever adds to the effect. When you get to your card turn over the next card (their card) and continue turning over cards like it was nothing special. Turn over a couple more and stop. Announce, "I bet $X that the next card I turn over is your card!" Sucker bets. Turn over not the top card of the deck like they expect, but their card. Collect $X.

Works everytime.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said, difficult to do, but impressive looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fancy Play Syndrome. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2004, 07:10 AM

This reminds me of a similar thing I heard except with a brandy snifter and an olive. You put an olive on the bar and put a brandy snifter over it and bet someone that you can move the olive into a shot glass without taking the olive out of the glass. Then you start moving the brandy snifter in circles on the counter so that the olive rides up the sides of it. Then you can pick up the brandy snifter with the olive still inside it, put it over the shot glass and drop the olive in without taking it out.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A friendlier one is to bet someone a dollar that you cant drink his cocktail under some impossible conditions you make up (from ten yards, without movin and so on...)
After all, one dollar is a hell of a cheap cocktail.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this version better: Bet a hot, big breasted and dump girl a fiver, you can make her boobies move just by looking at them.........

After all, five dollar is a hell of a cheap way to touch great boobs.

Yeah, I suck. Get a life? Too late.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:45 PM

Couldn't really do this one in a bar but it's certainly unique. Amarillo Slim has used this bet a few times in his day.

Bet a man that he can't eat 1 cooked Quail every day for a month. He can wash it down with what ever he wants. He can eat it any time of the day as long as he eats one every day. He must stay in your presence for 30 minutes after eating it, so that he doesn't throw it back up.

Sounds as easy as can be. After all a cooked Quail has about as much meat on it as a Chicken drumstick. Well let me tell you, it can't be done. Aparently Quail meat is so rich that after about ten days of eating one every day, just looking at one makes you start to wretch and most people start throwing up after only a few days of eating them. According to Amarillo Slim the longest he knew of anyone lasting was 18 days.

Amarillo used this bet to his advantage one time when he got identical twins to alternate days eating the Quail and took some for sucker for $10,000.