Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2004, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Im sick of gays saying they are born that way...

Did you "choose" to be attracted to women? Certainly gay people chose to act on their feelings, but I know that somewhere deep in my brain i am "wired" to be attracted to women. Is it inconceivable that gay people, for whatever reason, whether it is in their genes, something in their upbringing, or a combination of the two, are "wired" to be attracted to the same sex?

How do you know that gays are lying when they say this? It is the height of arrogance to claim to know what is going on in somebody else's mind.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:26 AM

Default And this guy will be Prez for four more years

"What is sad about this thread is the knee-jerk rousing of political correctness."

No, what is sad is that 59 million Americans have voted for you!

But enough about you.

Here's why the post by Collegeplayer is being ripped to shreds :

1. Because he presents an argument that is extremely weak, statistically : If EVERY gay is saying that he was born that way, the probability that this is a lie is the minimum possible. Yet the poster insists that the claim that "gays are lying" is not just a possibility, it is a certainty!

2. Because he starts with an axiom (look up the definition of "axiom" in a Children's book, Mr President -- and make sure you don't hold it upside down this time!) and builds upon it, like a new Euclid. Then he invites us to argue with his axiom! (This could be called The Spider's Strategem.)

3. Because he accuses (and you do too) those who disagree with him of being cowards who avoid discussing the issue! This is political correctness in reverse!..

4. Because his claim that male humans choose to be gays ignores the scientific advances of the last decades (no, there's no gay "gene", Mr President, don't be scared!), a time when we have discovered how potent our genetic structure is and how much at its mercy we are (AND how much we are not).

...There are variations of maleness, folks. And variations of "gayness" (although that's a tautology).

Them XY's are the trickiest bitchiest most frustratin' li'l devils we's ever known!..
Old 11-09-2004, 10:42 AM

the hallmark of an experienced debater.

appeal to the masses.

a large nebulous group of people think it therefore it must be right.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a staight man and I am tired of the media and gays around the world saying that they were born gay, that one day they just realized that tehy liked men and not women. This is a complete lie. They chose to like men. It is not in their genes.

Im sick of reading articles gays write about being teased and humilated and about how hard it is to be gay in this society. This is all lies, they choose to be gay.

I have never heard of a single human being who has said that they choose to be gay -- this proves that all gays are liars. They all choose to be gay, and wont admit it.

Once again, I am a straight man, and I know that all gays choose to be gay.

I also love Jesus and follow him and God, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has to be a piss take.

I dont take it as a political correctness the discussion that has followed. I am sure there are a lot of people on here and otherwise who may feel uncomfortable around gays or going to a gay club. Some feel it is wrong based on Gods law, some think people being gay is the evil that is debasing the morals of the world. They should be allowed to express their view as its a free society with free speech within boundries.

The poster here seems not to realise that there have been gay and bi people around for many thousands of years, the Romans were at it, the Spartan soldiers were encouraged to be as it improved the sense of brotherhood on the battlefield and kept young woman safe from getting pregnant before marrige.

Also there are animals that perform gay acts so it seems there is some drive in nature for it.

The gays I have know have been split one who had never been with a woman and found the thought of being with one as appealing as most of us think being with a man. The other two did have girlfriends at some point but had felt it was wrong and at some point came out.

I think some people are born gay whether it due to chemical inbalances or whatever I have no idea but these people do not choose tto be gay. I think there are people who are more 50-50 they can like both but dependant on how their life pans out/who they meet etc etc choose to spend it with males. Some marry and have kids but still have urges towards men and maybe even have gay encounters tio satisfy this.

I will end this by throwing this in the mix anal stimulation for both sexes can be pleasant and can increase the pleasure of orgasm. Should such people be classed as being gy or closet gays because of this even if they have no attraction to men.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:54 AM

Default We are now aware of your sickness. Thank you n/t

Old 11-09-2004, 10:54 AM

Default How do you know?

This is pure speculation, but it strikes me that it's possible that Collegeplayer1 know that gays choose to be that way because he himself is a repressed homosexual. He has so far virtuously resisted the sinful behavior that he wants so badly to indulge in, therefore he believes that everybody has these desires and those less virtusous than he yield to the temptation. Perhaps he doesn't know that heterosecuality comes naturally to most straight people.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Im funny how?

[ QUOTE ]
I am a straight man

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you have some serious issues. I suggest getting profesional help coming to grips with your own sexuality.

My post is not meant to be funny or cruel, but in all seriousness, I think the only person who has posted on this thread who actually believes your are straight is you.

Bubbagump
Old 11-09-2004, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that all gays choose to be gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure some choose to be gay, but you cannot deny the possibility of a mutated gene causing altered behavior.

On a side not, based on the structure and the logic used by this poster, I do not think this is a real post. I could be wrong though.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:57 PM

How can any of you think that this could possibly be, in any way, a serious post?
Old 11-09-2004, 05:08 PM

Yeah...this post is rediculous. I'm not even gonna waste my time.