Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2004, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Christianity must be attacked...

I support the moderate harmonic of your view which has them shot at random.
/M
Old 11-08-2004, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This has gone to far. A war in America is needed against idiocy, against bible thumpers. How do we go about it? Perhaps teams of volunteers to start handing out anti-christian pamphlets at the entrances of churches. they've been knocking on our doors for years, lets return the favor. lets teach our neighbors children about nietzsche and good and evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it that this is a response to the election results, yes? I voted for Kerry, and I am not thrilled about the direction our government is heading in.

That said, it seems like the Christians who knocked on your door irritated you more than persuaded you. And I suspect that the actions you are recommending would have a similar effect on them. Many Christians feel persecuted and misunderstood already (rightly or wrongly), and your behavior would only further encourage these feelings.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:03 PM

Default Jesusland

Old 11-08-2004, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Jesusland

Old 11-08-2004, 09:09 PM

Republicans are rural, democrats urban.....your point?

-SmileyEH
Old 11-08-2004, 09:48 PM

You know, I had a friend in college who was convinced that Quebec would succeed from Canada and the rest of Canada would apply for statehood.

On the other hand sitting here in PA there is definitly more of a cultural difference if I go to Texas than Toronto. States rights, the issue that sparked the civil war (slavery was just a facet of states rights), still divides our nation. Perhaps the south will rise again?
Old 11-09-2004, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You know, I had a friend in college who was convinced that Quebec would succeed from Canada and the rest of Canada would apply for statehood.

On the other hand sitting here in PA there is definitly more of a cultural difference if I go to Texas than Toronto. States rights, the issue that sparked the civil war (slavery was just a facet of states rights), still divides our nation. Perhaps the south will rise again?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean Jesusland will rise again. And just as they are about to lose, flanked on all sides, Jesus will return to earth in a flaming chariot and rally the troops. Jesus will then proceed to crucify all the surrendering troops from the U.S. of Canada. And he'll say live on CNN, "There how do you like it? Atheist pigs!"
Old 11-09-2004, 02:05 AM

Man will never be free until the last politician is strangled with the endtrails of the last priest...
Old 11-09-2004, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We must wipe them out. City after city, town after town, village after village. No Christian pig must remain. They are the Ku Klux Klan, they are Nazi's. To hell with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was as true then as it is now.

I hate them. Hate them. Hate them.

Ahem.

Hate them. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2004, 02:56 AM

Default Re: But is it +EV?

[ QUOTE ]
It might be plus EV if you fear that the fundamentalist Christians will eventually shut down all legal card rooms and start prosecuting online poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

So President Bush is against online gambling. Can he really shut it down? NO. Most online poker sites are hosted in foreign countries. He can't stop us from playing online because he can't touch the foreign hosts.

Now, on another note. I am a Christian. Guess what? I also play poker full-time. I also tithe 10% of my winnings to my church. Do you hate me because I am a Christian?

No, I don't think so. I think what you really hate are the bible-thumping, sin convicting, self-centered you know whats that preach on college campuses and go door to door telling you how much Jesus loves you, all the while telling you how much of a bad person you are for all the bad things you do.

Well, I don't blame you. Get rid of them, and life would be better for all of us. You wouldn't be bothered, and we wouldn't have a bad name.

As for me...

I will not tell you what kind of bad person you are, and how you are doing tons of things wrong (unless you post a horrible hand history, then I'll tell you what you did wrong - but other than this, no). I'll leave the judging to God. After all, this is what the bible commands - to not judge others. Anybody who does is not following the commands in the bible.

I will however tell you of Jesus' love for you. How he died on a cross so you don't have to feel guilty for things you've done wrong, and so you don't have to worry about what happens after you die. This is also what the bible commands - to spread the good news to all. Not to force the gospel down their necks, but to give them a chance to accept Jesus' love and forgivness.

That's it. Lots of people do lots of things in God's name, but they are really doing them in thier name. Osama does not speak for the Muslim world. He speaks for himself. He does not commit acts of terrorist in the name of Allah, even though he claims to. He commits them in his name. The crusades, although done in the name of Jesus, were no more an act of Christianity than Hitler's genocide of the Jews.

All in all, I say this. Don't judge religion on the actions of a few radicals. Judge on the written works, and the words of respected leaders. Most people who are members of a given religion do not do everything that religion says to do. Most people are simply normal messed up human beings trying to become the best people they can. We all, no matter what religion we follow, have problems and do things wrong. Just because someone follows a certain religion and screws up should not reflect on that religion. I'm sure you would find very similar mistakes by people in every religion.

For more information on how Jesus has affected my life, visit http://www.scott4jesus.com .