Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2004, 04:16 AM

Default Re: World of Warcraft comes out Nov. 23

I spent way too much time on Everquest, and this WOW is kinda scary, it looks so good. I love the humor and sense of fun in the Warcraft games(well, not crazy about Starcraft). I'd love to get WOW, but the problem is I bet I'd love it. Also, although they say they're making a game you don't have to be hardcor to advance in, I doubt it. One of the guys they hired to patch up and help design their quests is one of the most hard core uber-guild jerk leaders in Everquest. I'm thinking I might stay away from WOW for a while. I'm sure it'll be around for years, so no hurry. Big big temptation, though.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Trying to level my crafter all the way to the top took over a month. Achieving a very high status took several months. As a result this indirectly transferred over to my poker which I also learned that in order to well took many hours of patience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another former DAoC player here. Speaking of crafting, how is it in WoW? I so hated that damn green bar in DAoC.

I, too, think that all those years of MMORPGs helps me now to sit at the computer and grind for 7+ hours at the poker tables without going batty.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to get WOW, but the problem is I bet I'd love it

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late for me, [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Gonna be many sleepless nights the next 6 months.. time to whip out the expresso.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:52 PM

Can some one send me newest patch through hotmail or AIM? I'm behind a firewall at college and cannot dl an patches through blizzards downloader because it's peer to peer. My hotmail is RyanL1027@Hotmail.com. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:41 PM

Eihli do you recognize my avatar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2004, 08:02 PM

it's a 20 meg file. i don't think hotmail allows that.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:04 PM

i'll never forget. god i miss that game. it's sad that a computer game can invoke such strong feelings of nostalgia.

did you play DT?
Old 11-07-2004, 08:05 PM

yes, Who were you? I played Eryxis, Nemesis Enforcer, Dread Pirate Robert, and several others. I ran bloodchain for a while if you were ever in it.

edit

And yes it really is weird that a game can evoke such strong emotions. I still have an account that a friend is paying for (my lvl ~240 War/resist/missile D mage) I can play him any time I like, but poker has taken over.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:41 PM

i played duffed, archmage nefilim, scq, loktakwah, krogoth, and woolygimp.

i started out playing on TD since that's where all my friends played. when i found out about DT i figured i'd save the trouble of having to level all the way back up to 40 on a new server so i tried trading my matty robe for an account on DT and ended up giving it to some guy who then squelched me and recalled. this was back when they sold for 150+ on ebay. yeah i was new. :/ welcome to mmorpg eh? i ended up getting it back though because once i got on DT i'd find amuli tops/bottoms that looked like GSA and i'd trade them to people as real GSA. what a rush. i'd put a set of my friends real gsa in the trade window so they could id it. then i'd say something like "sec, aim keeps minimizing me." and i'd close the trade window and stall for a few seconds like i was replying. then i'd open the trade window again and put the fake gsa in there and they wouldn't bother iding it this time.

i had the most fun playing duffed. i started him right after the hollow weapon patch. he was my first character on DT before i knew anything about the game. a spec ua train creature/life/item/lockpick/healing. me and a friend (spec staff/life 100str/foc/self) owned vesayen back then from lvls 20-40. we played from the same room so we had perfect communication while fighting and we could take 3-4 level 50+'s at a time. this was before they fixed jump-heal/jump-log/recall-timers/portal-log/everything else that didn't need to be fixed.

i tried playing again a few months ago and soloed my way up to lvl 100 from scratch in about a month and realized the game had turned to [censored].
Old 11-07-2004, 08:50 PM

yeah it's just not the same. PvP is too much about ganks now, and not enough about skill... which is what i'm worried obout in WoW. I think i'll just play Halo 2 and Poker. I don't need another addiction.