Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Re: The Results that should Matter

Why don't you tell me whose country it actually was

It is part of my (and America's) values that the people should decide what a government's policy is, not a single dictator with no accountability to anyone.

It was not Saddam's country. It was the people of Iraq's country.

I believe that depending on the cost, it is worthwhile to promote the above value and those that don't hold that value are by definition evil people.

Even the ancient Jewish Kings were accountable to written law. That it was religious law is no matter, they were still required to obey it and were NOT above the law.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:20 PM

Then why did the US feel it had to right to go in and alter the Iraqi people's country?
Old 11-04-2004, 09:24 PM

A state sanctioned assassination attempt against a former president. That is reason enough for me to remove the man who ordered the hit.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then why did the US feel it had to right to go in and alter the Iraqi people's country?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, before you post, think really really hard.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but the average american should start considering what the world wants from them just a little more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post is a nice post and all but seriously ...... it really is the other way around ..... The U.S. has been thrust into the role of taking the lead on the war on terror.

It seems to me the rest of the world (as well as many in the U.S.) is afraid that fighting back against the spread of international islamafacist terror makes more terrorists. Well that may be so but that is the classic definition of cowardice.

Stipulating that to be true tell me which is worse: (1) Fewer terrorists but greater opportunity to achieve their ends or (2) More terrorists with less likleyhood of success? As an American give me number 2. Those bastards made a mistake on 9/11 and the U.S. (and we are by no means alone) will lead and win this war which I believe is WWIII.

So I think the rest of the world should start thinking about what the U.S. wants from them. And I feel confident that the rest of the world will come around eventually. It is just a matter of time. Because terror has been with us for at least 30+ years, and it isn't going to go away soon. The rest of the world will feel its sting more than the U.S. and when it gets tired of it the rest of the world will join with the U.S.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it a coincidence that Iraq has a huge oil reserve and neither Rwanda or the Sudan holds any economic interest for the US? No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the correct answer here is yes. Further there is nothing wrong with this either. Oil is the lubricrant of freedom. The free-flow of the worlds oil is vital to the whole world not just the U.S. Further .... the whole world is better of because America is strong.

I am curious though..... What has Canada done about the situation in Sudan?
Old 11-04-2004, 09:50 PM

anecdotal evidence in Iraq supports the idea that if Saddam were allowed to run for office he would be elected.
You don't know what the average Iraqi wants, I dont know what they want. They know what they want, and as certain as you are that they wanted saddam out of power i am as certain that if they were given the cureent situation as an option a great deal of them would have pick the former regime.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:53 PM

I couldn't disagree with you more. But that's what make America different I suppose. "Give me liberty or give me death."
Old 11-04-2004, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stipulating that to be true tell me which is worse: (1) Fewer terrorists but greater opportunity to achieve their ends or (2) More terrorists with less likleyhood of success? As an American give me number 2. Those bastards made a mistake on 9/11 and the U.S. (and we are by no means alone) will lead and win this war which I believe is WWIII.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are forgetting option number three. More terrorists who are more likely to succeed.

[ QUOTE ]
Your post is a nice post and all but seriously ......

[/ QUOTE ]

Yours too but seriously... what does Iraq have to do with the war on terror? Oh that's right, AQ has now gained a foothold where they didn't have one before. Good job taking such a positive lead.

Where do you plan to lead us next?

Regards
Brad S
Old 11-04-2004, 10:04 PM

Better to fight them there with our professionals than here with non-professionals. Besides AQ was there before before 9/11.