Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 03:45 PM

Default Re: The Dark Ages of America...

good lord dude, seriously. hows the KKK treating you?

rj

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing they are missing is the tax benefit.

[/ QUOTE ]What benefit? The marriage penalty?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, it is only a penalty for two income families.

i'll say it.

gays should not be allowed to marry because it will raise the cost of insurance. one of the most expensive diseases(AIDS) to treat happens to be caused by certain behavior that we as a nation simply cannot afford to condone.

there!
Old 11-03-2004, 03:47 PM

and im sure you would have said the same thing about civil rights 50 years ago, which is sickening. The whole point of government is to protect the minority from oppression by the majority. now all it is doing is helping to keep oppression alive...

rj
Old 11-03-2004, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
absolutely sickening post. step out of the 1960's.

[/ QUOTE ]
You misunderstand. I didn't say I hate blacks or that I won't do business with them. I'm not a bigot. And I think bigotry is truly sickening, just as you do. In fact I have many black friends that I have had this conversation with. I am simply against the government depriving me of my property rights. Laws don't grant rights, they only take them away. I hope this clarifies my stance.

i almost fainted from reading this. im pretty sure the whole country has gone mad...

rj

[ QUOTE ]
and im sure you would have said the same thing about civil rights 50 years ago, which is sickening. The whole point of government is to protect the minority from oppression by the majority. now all it is doing is helping to keep oppression alive...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

See what I mean? Gays use this racism comparision which is not at all relevant to their arguement. It is just another reason why so many states are making it clear that gays will not be married in their State.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:49 PM

how is oppressing blacks any different than oppressing gays? your point is absolutely baffling.

rj
Old 11-03-2004, 03:50 PM

For the record, I agree that gay marriage is a no-brainer issue. I think that it is very simply a matter of discrimination to deny homosexual couples the same access to the priviledges of marriage. I actually support getting rid of the legal definition of marriage and having only civil unions that are open to all.

That said, IMO the gay rights activists have only themselves to blame for theses losses. They have been pushing an agenda that was unpopular with 60%+ of the US population. They were/are trying to push social reform that the country is not ready for. I predicted over a year ago that if the gay right groups continued to push for marriage without first secureing the beliefs of at least a plurality of the public, they were going to end up with constitutional ammendments (at the state level) that would make their cause extremely difficult.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and im sure you would have said the same thing about civil rights 50 years ago, which is sickening. The whole point of government is to protect the minority from oppression by the majority. now all it is doing is helping to keep oppression alive... rj

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong! The only role the government should have is to protect its citizens from violence, from both internal and external sources. Period. Protect the minority from "oppression"? Define "oppression". This is a democracy. People will vote for their own best interests. That's part of the system.