Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2004, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Why no rakeback if i already have an account?

Circuit City also guarantees the price for 30 days from purchase. If you find it anywhere else cheaper or on sale in that 30 days, they will refund you the difference plus 10%.

There is no 'same product' as the mid-high stakes party games though, you pay the same rake at those limits as you would elsewhere and you get an easier game.

Lori
Old 10-31-2004, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try this in a local store.

Tell them if they don't knock 50% off your bill, you'll go elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

My local supermarket gives me a card, which gives me discounts every time I shop there. I shop there every week. If many of the other customers were getting this discount, but I couldn't because I already shop there regularly, I'd find another grocery store. Same with any store that was offering a discount to some of their customers, and not to me. Especially if there were five stores right beside them that offered the same product, and would give me the discount.

Rakeback apparently isn't supposed to happen, but from what I can tell by reading this forum, everyone who plays on Party and skins can get it. It doesn't seem all that special. If it's happening anyway, why make it hard for people to get it from you?
Old 10-31-2004, 08:45 PM

If many of the other customers were getting this discount, but I couldn't because I already shop there regularly, I'd find another grocery store.

So basically, you're jealous?

Lori
Old 10-31-2004, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Circuit City also guarantees the price for 30 days from purchase. If you find it anywhere else cheaper or on sale in that 30 days, they will refund you the difference plus 10%.

There is no 'same product' as the mid-high stakes party games though, you pay the same rake at those limits as you would elsewhere and you get an easier game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Empire, Eurobet and PokerNow all offer exactly the same product, and in my case, are willing to beat Party's price.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:49 PM

Empire, Eurobet and PokerNow all offer exactly the same product, and in my case, are willing to beat Party's price.

Please explain how THEY are willing to beat Party's price.

Thanks

Lori
Old 10-31-2004, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So basically, you're jealous?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm cheap. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And what's to be jealous of. I can play exactly the same games on Eurobet, and get my rakeback. I'm just trying to understand why Party set the system up so I have to stop playing with them to get the rakeback.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please explain how THEY are willing to beat Party's price.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I continue to play at Party, I cannot get rakeback. If I play at Eurobet instead, I can. Therefore playing at Eurobet instead of Party gives me a 20% discount.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:27 PM

I am with you on the logic of this, but I don't see why you care so much about playing at Party.

Just get your rake back at Eurobet and be done with it. Its Party's loss, what's the difference? If you think that Party is safer, better, more comfortable etc.., then it blows the argument about being the same product out and youre 'paying extra' for that.

Otherwise, see ya at Eurobet
Old 10-31-2004, 09:36 PM

In this case, the competitors of Party Poker that I am reffering to are Empire Poker, Multi Poker, Euro Poker and PokerNow.

Same product but new sign up = better deal.

The fact is, Party can have a policy to get your rake back to retain a player looking for that sort of thing, and not make it a selling point for new players.

Walmart doesnt advertise its price matching policy, but its there for those on the lookout for that sort of thing. Many readers of 2+2 or RGP would be aware and after this type of deal, but the average party player wouldnt know the difference.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just get your rake back at Eurobet and be done with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and that's what I'm going to do. I'm just trying to understand the logic behind how it all works. I sort of do, but still think the poker sites are making a mistake in being inflexible about this.