Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2004, 01:54 AM

Default Re: I dunno guys...

Wow - I missed the fact that he was being sarcastic...

I apologize. Hehe.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:01 AM

Default Ok, now this is just cruel

Slaman-
you might want to re-read my original post in this thread. it clearly states that AA is the preflop nuts. I play a lot of poker, i know this. I've just been (sadly, quite successfully) jerking your chain and the rest of the forum is having a laugh at your expense. At this point, it's cruel, and i hope you haven't gotten too worked up about it. this thread had no value before your posts (in a nutshell: "should i get all-in preflop with AA?"), so in a way, i thank you. no, im not normally such a jerk.

Let me be the first to say: welcome to the forums,

fim
Old 10-28-2004, 11:20 AM

Default Results and Thank You

A monkey could play this hand by the book.

Standard play, I pushed. The board comes KKK with Maniac (J9s) and LAG (ATo) coming along for the $120. I did however push out Rocky Tricky with pocket queens. I have no regrets about my play but I’m positive Rocky would have called the $40 and likely would have slow played the 3 king flop, feeling certain he had the best hand.

I ‘m a little surprised that not one single poster suggested an alternate play of any kind beyond the black and white standard play. Not even one “maybe call 10% of the time with two fish and a rock”. Just push, push, push.

Anyway, Thanks for the all the post confirming that thinning the field and playing aces against the fewest number of opponents is standard solid play. Please pardon the rudimentary post I guess it wasn’t obvious that I was looking for a play beyond the obvious.

Best of Luck
Old 10-28-2004, 02:44 PM

Default Re: NL - SB with AA short stacked with 4 way action and a RR to you.....

push, without question.