Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Another Case of Prima locking an Account without Evidence

But you have tpo ask, why these "incidents" only happen at Prima Poker?

I why is it impossible to get a reaction from the top of the pops?

Hell, this is a lot of money and they don't do a thing!

/DTM
Old 10-25-2004, 09:54 PM

Granny

I'm not going to involve myself more in this, but I do want to point out some misperceptions of yours. That last e-mail from Capt. Cook tells that the matter has been decided upon and the player will not get ANY of his money back. So this is not a matter of them awaiting further investigation. They claim bad money was dumped to this player, but this only accounts for $7000 out of $60K. They offer absolutely no account of what happened or what information lead them to their conclusions.

I think the question of all poker players should be: what will happen if win money from a player with a fraudulent credit card? Will my whole bankroll be at risk?

I understand that Prima want to protect themselves and their players from fraud, but they also have an obligation to make the players feel confident of keeping a bankroll there.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:14 PM

If you guys have all heard of X number of people getting their accounts frozen on prima for reasons you deem insufficient, then why dont you all just stop playing on prima. Seems pretty simple to me...
Old 10-25-2004, 11:39 PM

I always thought the other people were guilty in some fashion and no business based on trust would lock your account without hard evidence. This has been a bad assumption. Mind you I was locked out unlocked then locked out. Is arbitrary when and on what grounds they decide to lockout an account.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:42 PM

this only accounts for $7000 out of $60K

are you telling me that we have a $53,000 "taxi versus torstyn" type deal? only 7k was bad??

if this is the case, then further explanation is required by prima. on that i fully agree.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this only accounts for $7000 out of $60K

are you telling me that we have a $53,000 "taxi versus torstyn" type deal? only 7k was bad??

if this is the case, then further explanation is required by prima. on that i fully agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would seem so. _THESTAR_ got information that he had recieved 'bad money' from a particular player (whose handle was mentioned) He only played him in one session where he won $7-8000 from him and the account was closed right after that. In the preceding 10 days he was winning big in their 25/50 NL game and his bankroll was up to $60K.

_THESTAR_ is a well known player in Denmark (where I'm originally from) and has been chrushing the big NL online games for years. I think it also speaks to his credibility that he waited 2 months for a final answer before he went public with any of this.

I don't remember exactly how the TAXI case ended, but I do remember having the same concerns: that your bankroll can be at stake if you are unlucky enough to be in a game where somebody does something wrong. I also think the lack of detailed information from Prima to the _THESTAR_ is appalling. The essentially don't give him any chance to explain himself and no way for the rest of us to judge the situation.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:36 AM

someone on rgp posted this info

Domain Name: primapoker.com

Created on..............: 11 Dec 2001 08:43:49
Expires on..............: 11 Dec 2008 08:43:49

Registrant Info:
Domain Escrow Services Limited
Domain Administrator
1934 Driftwood Bay
Belize City, 1000
BZ
Phone: +44.7624496408
Fax..: +44.1481822895
Email: des-admin@curacaohosting.com

Administrative Info:
Domain Administrator
1934 Driftwood Bay
Belize City, 1000
BZ

Technical Info:
Domain Administrator
1934 Driftwood Bay
Belize City, 1000
BZ

Billing Info:
Domain Administrator
1934 Driftwood Bay
Belize City, 1000
BZ

Domain servers in listed order:

DESSPECIAL.VIANET.CA
DNS.CURACAOHOSTING.COM
DNS1.CURACAOHOSTING.COM

"
Old 10-26-2004, 02:22 AM

Default false reported fraud?

I was thinking about this thread earlier, and i wonder if these are actual cases of fraud. Lets say you tilt, blow 50 grand in a sitting and wake up the next morning with a brilliant idea. Report your card stolen, get your money back. Of course i dunno if this is what happened, but seems like a decent plan.
Now the credit card company is faced with picking up the tab and decides to contact prima to retrieve the "stolen" goods. Prima doesnt want to get on the bad side of the credit card companies so they seize the money and return it.
THIS IS PURE SPECULATION.
But i cant think of anyother reason why this series of events would go down.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:10 AM

Some very good news is now that Captain Cooks has emailed the player, that because of the decision to take action and with support and help of friends the situation is now at a turning point and: "has
produced the desired affect of getting the powers that be involved."

Regards, Peter.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:43 AM

Prima is shady. I used to play there recreationally playing in the 50 and 100 NL games. I would play 50 hands and register for their freeroll. After winning it a few times I found that I couldn't enter the tourny. Support said that I hadn't played enough hands. I started to keep track of the # of hands I was playing and I would play 100 hands where I would see a flop and I still couldn't register. At first they would tell me I played only 23 hands of something ridiculus like that, then they said that they would email me the number of hands I had played, of course they didn't. After a while I got the picture I was banned. I don't know if it was because of how well I had done and they just didn't want me to play in them? That doesn't seem to make any sense. Why would they care? All I know is that I was not allowed to register and I played twice their requirement. I cashed out and haven't played their since. If they banned me from the toury on purpose, then it was a stupid move because now they don't get my rake. If they didn't ban me then they are stupid for having such crappy cust support and not answering my emails and solving the problem.