Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2004, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Feedback on my poker tracker line?

[ QUOTE ]
"If you play like this in these games or higher you will lose a lot of money."

This statement is simply not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgetting the arguements. You are correct in what you said. You could beat the party 15/30 playing so tight both preflop and postflop. It's just not ideal, but all the other posters are going over the top.

Infact mmcd assuming 'if you play like this you will lose' is wrong, postflop matters so so so much more. I can name lots of VERY tight and loose (30%) players who win at the 15/30.

Hell, and i'm almost sure betsue who has a VP$IP of 32% yet plays tight/decent postflop wins at the 15/30.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:44 PM

Hey surfdoc
No none of my names at the Party skins starts with a C.

I don't play AJ, AT, KQ, KJ, KJs, QJs in the first three positions.
I don't play 88 or worse first three positions.

I rarely call two cold, preferring 3 bet or fold.

I usually fold small pockets in steal position ( 5 or< )

I agree my VP$IP should be higher ( 16%-18% ). Could my VP$IP be so low because I rarely steal/defend blinds?
Old 10-22-2004, 12:52 PM

Who said I don't want to listen? I've never said that playing 11% of the hands was right?
Old 10-22-2004, 01:01 PM

Thanks for posting your line ACPlayer.

I like your numbers better [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Playing 50% more hands winning nearly as much at showdown. ( 58.47% vs 61.5% )
Old 10-22-2004, 01:12 PM

Now, I've only been playing these games a little bit, but following as closely as I can the SSH advice, which has been working out ok, with minor deviations (possibly bad ones) related to stealing blinds, which SSH discounts since players in a lot of SS games just won't eve let you, so, with that in mind:

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play AJ, AT, KQ, KJ, KJs, QJs in the first three positions.
I don't play 88 or worse first three positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

God I hope we're only talking about the offsuit hands. Limp it up with AJ, KQ, KJs, 88 and 77.

[ QUOTE ]
I rarely call two cold, preferring 3 bet or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good.

[ QUOTE ]
I usually fold small pockets in steal position ( 5 or< )

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you mean when it's been folded to you. If so, eh. It's a style thing. Some people I think raise them first in from steal position every time. Some people only against tight blinds. Some somewhere in between.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree my VP$IP should be higher ( 16%-18% ). Could my VP$IP be so low because I rarely steal/defend blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be both a reason that your VP$IP and return is lower than it should/could be. When you say you have been playing and making a living, playing online, etc, have you been playing in the 15 game all this time, or is this the first run at it? I ask because it is odd to see someone with say, 200,000 hands played at a level ask about a random block of 8,000 hands and ask what they were doing wrong. If something's been going well for a long, long time you probably know how it's supposed to go, at least in poker, I think. As far as I know, stealing blinds/defending your blinds is INCREDIBLY important in these games. Yes, you could probably get some itsy bitsy positive return raising very infrequently (I personally don't know where the raising % should be preflop, mine is at like, 10 or 11%?) and never trying to steal the blinds. But meh.

Two things you should be aware of:

In TOP: indirect quote, I may have it wrong, but not in content - "All poker is a struggle for the antes, it is imperitive that you remember this."

In SSH: same conditions as before - "Preflop play is an important thing to get right, but due to the prevalance of internet and book resources, even a bad player can learn/memorize preflop actions. Much more money is made post flop, and while it is important to get the preflop stuff down, it is more important to play postflop well, as that is where you will more frequently act differently than your opponents when they would make mistakes."

Or something.

citanul
Old 10-22-2004, 01:16 PM

[/ QUOTE ]
does this mean you don't make a great or even good living? or is this a reflection of how you don't have to be great or good to win on party poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we would have to define great/good living. I work about 25-35 hrs a week, I should work more. I like being my own boss. I'm far from wealthy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .

I think it's more a function of how badly most players play online right now. You don't need to be a great tactical player but you need to be "professional" . Little or no tilt and don't panic when the [censored] hits the fan.The one constant in poker is adversity. It can be lonely and the pressure intense... theres no safety net.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you drunk bicyclekick?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah actually I was trashed from coming back from quarter taps last night. Hehe. Woops. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You said "i make al iving at poker so i my ways have to be right"

Fine, they are working sorta, BUT they are far from optimal. How bout that? If you loosened up a lot you could make a far better 'living'.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:12 PM

Thanks for the response citanul. Hopefully now that I have Poker tracker I will be able to see some of the mistakes I'm making, and make some adjustments.

Seems most typical Party 15-30 players are determined to defend their blinds, even with ridiculous hands. Their philosophy seems to be to make a move on every pot, at some point. Essentialy they wager that you have no hand, and they are right most of the time [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] . Guess I'll just have to mix it up a bit more with the mothers.

Anyhooo, I will report back after 40,000 hands or so with numbers for those that are interested. VP$IP and BB/100 hands.
Good luck everone.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:17 PM

I never said my ways had to be right?

I agree with the rest of your post.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:19 PM

Loosen up on all streets.

Good luck.
Eric