Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2004, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Orchard Street Rumors

There was a sign up at The Club That Shall Not Be Named (But Which Has Been Named In This Thread) indicating that Skylight is closing "for the winter," and that NL games would move to The Club That Shall Not Be Named.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS and Skylight are well run in NYC. Can't say the same about NYPC

[/ QUOTE ]

Its interesting how two people can have exactly the opposite opinion. I don't like the management at PS, but I think they do a great job of trying to make the players feel comfortable at PC. I also feel PS has the most surly customers, it feels as if everyone is looking for an argument.

Now don't get me wrong, I have experianced arguments at PC as well. But that is to be expected with so many customers, its bound to happen. But the management at PC goes out of its way to make sure I am happy, and that means a lot to me.

Skylight - I haven't been there since mid summer for a tournament. How was their recent business? Its such a big room, I was surprised to see that most players left right after the tournament.

Rounders - has anyone been at this new room yet? Staff is mostly from PS I have been told.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2004, 09:51 AM

PS and Skylight run efficiently. The lists are clear, the games go, and everything is in order. NYPC is utter chaos. And getting a limit game at NYPC going is the equivalent of a full rectal exam. I played a self-dealt 5/10 game there where they still took time, despite the fact that they had plenty of dealers. They don't have interest in getting a regular limit game or cultivating regular limit players there.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS and Skylight run efficiently. The lists are clear, the games go, and everything is in order. NYPC is utter chaos. And getting a limit game at NYPC going is the equivalent of a full rectal exam. I played a self-dealt 5/10 game there where they still took time, despite the fact that they had plenty of dealers. They don't have interest in getting a regular limit game or cultivating regular limit players there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thats my biggest complaint about PC, but every once in a great while we can get one going. I haven't been there much in the past two months, too busy traveling & doing business to get uptown. But I wouldn't call it utter chaos... Its interesting that I seem to be one of the few here that has had bad PS experiancs. Perhaps I should give it another chance, my biggest complaint was always the bad attitude of the players. Nobody wants to play against surly people, its just a bad enviroment when that happens.

I'm going to try Rounders late tonight, they said they have a 5/10 game, and a 7.50/15 game running. Sound like fun.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2004, 10:56 AM

PS does have surly, unhappy players, but that has nothing to do with the management of the room.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:25 AM

been to a few of these places multiple times... most recently Rounders. it seemed nice. i guess its relatively new. they only had 4 tables and spread relatively few games. the management seemed very nice. i would like to go back bc of its proximity to where i live. my favorite place is the skylite (also the closest). the patrons there are very friendly considering it is a strictly NL parlor. the management is very friendly and its run pretty well. theres usually not muc going on there. 2 tables max on non tourney days. i always wonder how they manage to profit or even breakeven. unfortunatley it is closed for the winter. another hop skip and a jump away is the playstation. i been there a bunch and decided i dont like it much. the clientel is very skeevy, shady, dirty etc. theres always one old annoying person who doesnt really know whats going on, a dirty, ugly or scary looking person, or some fat jackass who wont shutup at your table. i must say it is run very well and the dealers are top notch but i get the worst feeling playing there. it makes me feel liek a degenerate. and than there is the players club. i kinda like this place. the managers are pretty cool, and the clientel is young. the games are loose, and the decor/atmosphere is nice. the dealers are satisfactory and organization is decent. the tourneys are organized very well with computers tho. its kind of far for me but worth the trip...

ive never been to ace point. i want to check it out. if someone has info on it please get back to me. never been to orchard st or wall st (same place?) either but i guess i dont want to after hearing what people have to say

beez
Old 10-22-2004, 11:36 AM

Curious about Ace Point? Try this!
Old 10-22-2004, 12:06 PM

Or this even.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
another hop skip and a jump away is the playstation. i been there a bunch and decided i dont like it much. the clientel is very skeevy, shady, dirty etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Look, SFer puts a full day of work in before he gets there. Go easy on him.
[ QUOTE ]
theres always one old annoying person who doesnt really know whats going on

[/ QUOTE ]
MRBAA
[ QUOTE ]
a dirty, ugly or scary looking person

[/ QUOTE ]
Me.
[ QUOTE ]
or some fat jackass who wont shutup at your table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me, except for being a fatass.
[ QUOTE ]
i must say it is run very well and the dealers are top notch

[/ QUOTE ]
Some are good, a few are great, some are terrible. Rich, Bridgette, Francis, good. Bobby and Seahorse, while nice guys, not so good.

[ QUOTE ]
but i get the worst feeling playing there. it makes me feel liek a degenerate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Embrace it.
[ QUOTE ]
and than there is the players club. i kinda like this place. the managers are pretty cool, and the clientel is young. the games are loose, and the decor/atmosphere is nice. the dealers are satisfactory and organization is decent. the tourneys are organized very well with computers tho. its kind of far for me but worth the trip...

[/ QUOTE ]
Since I don't play a lot of no limit for several reasons, most of them relating to how badly I suck, NYPC isn't really my place. I've been known to donk around in their tournaments, which I admit are well run and fun. But they can't get a limit game going to save their lives, and they don't seem to care, because everyone wants to play "no limit" anyway. (I use the quotes because of the maximum buyins.)
[ QUOTE ]
ive never been to ace point. i want to check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Never been there.
[ QUOTE ]
never been to orchard st or wall st (same place?) either but i guess i dont want to after hearing what people have to say

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been there once (yes, same place), and it's fine. The only rumors of shadiness are from two posts on this board. In my opinion there weren't any shenanigans going on at the $4-8 game SFer and I played in, other than some braindead plays I made of my own volition.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rich, Bridgette, Francis, good. Bobby and Seahorse, while nice guys, not so good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Bridgette pitches cards at about the same speed as PartyPoker with the animations on. And then she berates the players into acting quickly.

It's great.