Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2004, 11:04 PM

Default Re: People who play 6-8 tables.... ?

[ QUOTE ]

I still only use my laptop monitor [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're killing me ponks!
Old 10-10-2004, 12:47 AM

Anyone got the link to the post telling us how to set up two monitors for one desktop? I'm in mad's position as well.

Also, is there a need for a bigger bankroll when 8-tabling as opposed to four?
Old 10-10-2004, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone got the link to the post telling us how to set up two monitors for one desktop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try here, here, here, or here ( [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
J
Old 10-10-2004, 01:48 AM

I just upped to 5, mostly because I'm playing multiple sites. That part sucks. Crypto software is a pain in the ass, and unlike the others. Keeping track of three different layouts is annoying, especially with Crypto refusing to tell me if I need to do something. I'm sure I'd do better with just UB + Empire, or even better Party + Empire.

On the other hand, I can fit 6 tables with no overlap on 1 monitor at 16x12 using UB miniview. This is extremely useful.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:54 AM

8 is defintiely do-able, especially if you play full games. I do 5/10 6-max at 8 tables. It gets pretty busy, but if you play tight then you have like 2 to 3 tables with action at any given time and that's not to bad.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:54 AM

sometimes I can't remember if I raised preflop!!! When in doubt bet/raise.....
Old 10-10-2004, 07:58 AM

I've been experimenting with 6-8 tabling lately. It's not that bad. Actually it's probably better for my individual table win rate as I actually focus on poker instead of reading these forums, IMing with friends, composing love letters to my wife and what not.

My monitor fried recently though. So it's time to get a 21" with 2048x1536 max resolution. Probably going to get a second one of those next month. I tried multitabling on a friends monitor with those specs, and it was wonderfully easy. You can get in 9 tables with only minor overlap, and then use the second monitor to have 9 Game Time Windows open. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Only thing is that it sometimes makes me feel like a biological bot.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also found it helpful to keep all my tables on one 1600x1200 screen. This way I never miss a turn and it's all easily within my field of vision, even though there's overlap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 6 generally and found this to be the case - I actually have a good two monitor setup, but still ike one monitor.

playing the tables is relatively easy i think and I'd play 8 if it wasnt so difficult to manage your seats...i.e, leave when it becomes a rock garden, try and sit to the left of a maniac...etc.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:51 AM

hello,

which is the easiest game to multitable?

-limit holdem
-cash NL holdem
-NL STT

thanks,
jc
Old 10-10-2004, 01:26 PM

I multitable across 2 monitors, I could never imagine doing it on one monitor like Ponks does but then again I never bothered to get accustomed to mini-views.

I miss having PT Game Time stats on call, but if I'm heads up in a big pot against somebody I'll take the time to switch desktops and check stats. I use a virtual desktop manager in addition to 2 monitors, so it's good enough for checking PT stats every once in a while.

I personally think NL cash is the easiest, as playing tight and seeing pot size helps summarize earlier action. The same could be said about limit, but it's harder to tell who initiated the action.

I don't play STTs, for one it takes more stamina than I have (I eventually get bored and start playing LAG), and I don't think it's easy to multi-table.

IMO you need better reads on your opponents since you're playing with the same group of people for an extended period of time, and then the play is usually more aggressive due to the nature of STTs (which means paying even more attention to the action).