Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 07:28 PM

Default Re: smashing pumpkins chips

Looks like stew will not be in on the group buy, I have no opinion of The smashing pumpkins, but if you think that when you shuffle up & deal the chips will look kick butt to you than GO FOR IT, we all make custom chips for our own taste, hell mine say Sena on them & I have never picked up a musical instrument.. Good Luck with the chips..

MIKSEN
Old 10-06-2004, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if you choose a real band that actually had some talent, sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess. You don't like the guy's voice? I'm sure that's it because it is undeniable they had talent to spare.

Billy Corgan is looked at as a virtuoso by his peers. Not only creatively, but he is a consummate master of technique and artistry. This band had the best lead guitar player, drummer, and lyricist of the last 15 years. I'll concede vocals because they're understandably hard to get used to, but if you can get past that there's nothing left standing except pure talent.

To say otherwise shows nothing but ignorance for music as an art form.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL, OK they had talent, but they didn't have the best anything. Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell are better lyricists and songwriters than Corgan ever dreamed. That doesn't even count some dude that's dead who used to play for some band named Nirvana.

Moving along to lead guitar, I guess you've never heard Rage Against the Machine play or you'd think twice about that.

Drummer, the dude isn't even in the top 10 of the last 15 years, give me abreak man.

I was certainly exaggerating that they don't have talent, but you seem to think that they were all that and they certainly weren't. They barely made a dent in the scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damm Stew, talk about raining on someone's parade. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] The guy likes a band, wants to make a set of poker chips because he likes them, and you want to trash his idea based on your opinion of their musical talent? What good do you think you were doing him or anyone else?

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if the dude's feeling are hurt b/c I'm dissing on his band, then so be it. Sure it's a little harsh, but I'm also sure he has the intestinal fortitude to say "F Him" and go about what he was going to do anyway. In other words, he can probably stand up for himself and make his own decisions.

For the records, I never trashed the idea that he make a set of chips themed after his favorite band. I trashed the idea that I wanted to buy any also.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess. You don't like the guy's voice? I'm sure that's it because it is undeniable they had talent to spare.

Billy Corgan is looked at as a virtuoso by his peers. Not only creatively, but he is a consummate master of technique and artistry. This band had the best lead guitar player, drummer, and lyricist of the last 15 years. I'll concede vocals because they're understandably hard to get used to, but if you can get past that there's nothing left standing except pure talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL, OK they had talent, but they didn't have the best anything. Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell are better lyricists and songwriters than Corgan ever dreamed. That doesn't even count some dude that's dead who used to play for some band named Nirvana.

Moving along to lead guitar, I guess you've never heard Rage Against the Machine play or you'd think twice about that.

Drummer, the dude isn't even in the top 10 of the last 15 years, give me abreak man.

I was certainly exaggerating that they don't have talent, but you seem to think that they were all that and they certainly weren't. They barely made a dent in the scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may not be the best poker player on this here message board, but I will certainly put my knowledge of music up against anyone here... or anywhere else for that matter. For the last 15+ years of my life the majority of my day is spent living, eating, and breathing music. I even get paid for it. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Your answers show you have an average grasp on this subject at best, and I'd rather not even go there.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may not be the best poker player on this here message board, but I will certainly put my knowledge of music up against anyone here... or anywhere else for that matter. For the last 15+ years of my life the majority of my day is spent living, eating, and breathing music. I even get paid for it. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Your answers show you have an average grasp on this subject at best, and I'd rather not even go there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a music major in college, played in a band that recorded one nationally released albulm and am involved with reporting and writing for the last 5 years at www.indianapolismusic.net

Blow it out your earhole.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a music major in college, played in a band that recorded one nationally released albulm and am involved with reporting and writing for the last 5 years at www.indianapolismusic.net

Blow it out your earhole.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you really have no excuse for being so uninformed.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Woo Hoo, Pearl Jam rocks, thanks for giving Eddie his due!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 04:47 PM

why not just get matchbox 20 chips? Or maybe collective soul?
Old 10-07-2004, 07:00 PM

Because I'm not a douche bag.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:51 PM

Billy Corigan used to live around the corner from me, My wife wanted to buy his house when he sold it but I passed.

Cool idea. How much to do this and who does it?
Old 10-07-2004, 09:25 PM

It was a purple old victorian, right?

Regarding the chips, I don't think I am going to do it anymore.