Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2004, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Party upgrade and hand histories

Time and date I understand, but net loss and gain should be very simple to program.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:48 PM

It also doesn't list the game (HE, Omaha, Stud), whether it's ring or tourney, whether it's limit, PL or NL, and a few other things.

The converter can't handle these either for the same reasons that PT can't. Here's hoping that Party gets it together to write all of the relevant info to your local drive.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:59 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, now I see that all of their SnG tourneys have been postponed until 1:30....I'll be happy if their back by then, as they often push them back even more. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

1:30 comes and goes and still no tourneys [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now it's "after 3:00 PM".... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

They do this every single time! I wish they would just tell us the real time to begin with. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they can only tell you the real time if they know the real time; until they know it, the best they can do is offer estimates, and they may not have all the information they need yet. I can tell you from experience (I've done tech support, QA and software engineering) that the time it takes to fix a problem is very unpredictable; it requires investigation to determine the nature of the problem, and then analysis to figure out how to fix it. And if anyone guesses wrong at any step of the way, it throws a monkey wrench into the works.

Some problems just don't yield to simple solutions. Annoying, yes; but sometimes, it just can't be helped.

-Mike
Old 09-07-2004, 05:45 PM

PT Pat's response on the PT forums:

Well, as you all have found out, Party has started storing the hand histories locally. As many of you have already pointed out, there are differences between the 2 formats.

I can account for many of the differences except that as someone noted their is no timestamp or a description of the limit being played. Even the limit can be determined in one way or another but I haven't figured a way around the date issue yet.

The thing that really bugs me is that I received contact from one of their developers a while ago telling me they were going to do this and asking for my input. After months, I contacted them last week and finally heard back from the guy yesterday telling me they were going to implement this using the same format as the hand history window. I emailed him back with my concerns about the missing information but he said they couldn't get it into this new update. So it's like they didn't even consider what I had to say and just went about doing what they wanted which I guess is typical for them.

Hopefully life will be MUCH easier soon!

Steve
Old 09-07-2004, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like the update to the party client and empire client now stores your hand histories in a dated folder under your party directory. No need to request hand histories anymore. Hope pokertracker can change to handle the difference in the format soon.. Stuck with requesting via email until then.

[/ QUOTE ]3

I see this too but when I overide and ask for HH to be e-mailed...I got blank e-mails. Well I assume they were blank as when I imported them thru the "check e-mail" option I got ZERO HH's.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:44 PM

Mine worked fine. You can't use the auto requestor any more since party made you press more buttons to get a hh emailed to you. Now when you request one it tells you that Party is already saving hh's on your hard drive, and would you still like to continue. They only send the email after you click yes.

In it's attempt to make it's software easier to use for people who rely on hand histories Party has made it twice as difficult.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:04 AM

Default PT Question

The last couple of days, I have been using email to upload the Party hand histories. The data does appear to be loading since according to PT, the hand histories were successfully loaded.. I've been playing 1/2 Limit and the Total Hands under the 1/2 Game level remains the same even after I've uploaded the data.

Another issue I've noticed is that I cannot click on any of the Game Level Rows (eg $1/2 Limit, NL ($1)) under the General Info Tab and the Session Notes Tab. Granted, I haven't used PT in about 6 months, so I don't remember if that was even a feature, so let me know if I'm wrong. Also, am I screwed even after Party fixes their HH format?

Anyone having these problems?
Thanks,
C