Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2004, 08:03 AM

Default Re: 2+2 Atlantic SNG Results

[ QUOTE ]
You're a sad POS. And you've even misspelled your "own" name. It's Dietrich, not Deitrich, you idiot. How typical of a person who chooses to use a Nazi war criminal's name as his handle on a public forum. Pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You okay there man? I agree that his taste is poor, but does his choice of ID mean he is a nazi or even a nazi sympathiser? Don't you think that the wider issue should be that these events just 60 years past have been swept away from public view, and the lessons we should all have learned from them have been forgotten. This to me is much sadder, the majority don't even recognise the name (how sad is that), why can't we all just get along?

Best Regards and Good Wishes

Mark (United Kingdom)
Old 09-06-2004, 08:54 AM

Hey Mark,

Yes, I'm perfectly okay, but I just can't agree with most of what you say.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that his taste is poor

[/ QUOTE ]

His choice of ID is MUCH MUCH beyond poor taste. It's sad for me that you don't see why.

[ QUOTE ]
but does his choice of ID mean he is a nazi or even a nazi sympathiser?

[/ QUOTE ]

So what does it mean, exactly? Assume someone chooses as a handle, a name of a person who murdered someone else's beloved ones. How would you see it? As "poor taste"?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think that the wider issue should be that these events just 60 years past have been swept away from public view, and the lessons we should all have learned from them have been forgotten.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why it's a "wider issue", but I generally agree. However, I wouldn't expect people to remember every Nazi SS general's name, and I think this is part of the reason this scumbag chose this particular not-very-famous name.

[ QUOTE ]
why can't we all just get along?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are certain people, you simply DON'T WANT and will NEVER WANT to "get along" with. Period. A guy who chooses a Nazi criminal's name as his handle here (and misspells it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) is one of them.

Best Regards,

Boaz
Old 09-06-2004, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His choice of ID is MUCH MUCH beyond poor taste. It's sad for me that you don't see why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do see, I apologise, I tend to understate things as a matter of course, I see from your replys that we have a similar viewpoint on this matter, Nazis are just about the only minority I have no tolerance for.

Best Regards Mack
Old 09-06-2004, 09:17 AM

There was really no need to apologize. Actually, I appriciate the fact that you even think and care about these matters. This is a great thing by itself, and it's generally very rare among most people.