Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Admiral speaks out, disputes Kerry\'s account of 1st wound

I'm not sure what it is that you don't understand.

Novak left out of his article the fact that Kerry and his crewmates were firing at the enemy. He had to be firing. How could his rifle jam if he wasn't firing it? He was wounded indirectly as a result of enemy action.

It does not have to be enemy shrapnel. In Dole's example the shrapnel came from his own grenade.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Under the current regulations you are correct. However the Navy regulations in place then stipulated that the wound must be inflicted “from an outside force or agent.” No after-action hostile report was filed and no crewman reported any enemy fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good try Wake Up CALL. The words you are quoting are taken from the link I posted and are still in the regulations. That is simply the definition of a wound. It has no relevance.

Anyway, shrapnel is an "outside force or agent." Are you telling me that the shrapnel came from within John Kerry's body?

[/ QUOTE ]

The words may be in your link but that is not where I quoted them from. Outside force or agent, not a frigging idiot liberal firing his weapon into the air with no enemy in sight. Get real Max.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:17 PM

Where did you quote from? Rush? Your imagination? I love these quotes you come up with that are attributed to nobody.

Here are the regulations:
http://neds.nebt.daps.mil/Directives/1650/1650_1g.pdf

You don't need to quote anything else.

I am done responding to you. adios is at least a reasonable person who argues thoughtfully for his point of view. I don't know what motivates you, but if Limbaugh ever retires you would make a great replacement
Old 08-27-2004, 04:26 PM

"I don't know what motivates you, but if Limbaugh ever retires you would make a great replacement"

I didn't know Wake_up_CALL was a junkie. Has he done the cosmetic short stay drug rehab thing yet?
Old 08-27-2004, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what motivates you

[/ QUOTE ] Just the truth Max, the truth. When I see dis-information being diseminated whether in innoncence or intentionally I offfer another perspective. Whether or not you like my attitude is irrelevant but it appears you dislike being properly corrected. Why you would insist your link is applicable to the war in Vietnam is difficult to understand unless you did not realize the qualifications for gettin a purple heart from the Navy have changed.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Charges of fraud in being awarded medals are nuances? Puhleze. Kerry has stated that he committed atrocities in Viet Nam and you call this an order of magnitude better than what Bush did during the Viet Nam war?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends how bad the fraud was. If he completely made some story up and wasn't in Vietnam that would be terrible. If he just fabricated something, that is not so bad.

As far as committing atrocities goes, I'm not sure what exactly he said here, could someone provide a quote please? I think it is couragoues really, he goes to war and tries to serve his country and maybe commits atrocites (the impression I get is that a lot of people who were there were comitting atrocities) which is bad but how can we judge what it was like in Vietnam. Plus, he admitted it, of his own free will right? We weren't there, and he was younger, his intentions were good.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as committing atrocities goes, I'm not sure what exactly he said here, could someone provide a quote please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Previous Thread About Kerry Admitting He Committed Atrocities