Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2004, 01:06 AM

Default Re: @ McManus

I actually played in a ring NL game with him at Commerce in LA and he was a really nice guy given that random people kept asking him a ton of questions while he was playing.

sidenote--we had a guy who sat down at the table who was really wasted(he kept saying he was a Poker Grand Master??) and was making some really dumb moves and was a bit loud...and while he was annoying most the people at the table, McManus seemed extremely bothered by it.

So maybe he just can't take a rowdy player at the table, because he tilted big time after the guy busted his Ace's with runner runner 4's on him holding 4/7o.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:47 AM

Lol McManus can't handle Maniacs!
Old 08-14-2004, 01:30 PM

I'm surprised to hear such a negative reaction to the guy. I found his book to be an enjoyable read. But more than that, his book has done a lot for the game. I'd argue that his text is in part responsible for the explosion in poker as of late.

Besides, i found myself nodding in agreement with his comments during the ESPN broadcast.