Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2004, 03:14 PM

Default Re: How to beat Spirit Rock

I just watched him play a few hands and after a headsup hand where a guy rivered a set to beat his two pair, he said, "nh fish". That's the most trash talking I've seen out of him.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:25 PM

You're a moron. And it's 70.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're a moron. And it's 70.

[/ QUOTE ]

what? i wasn't you of cheating, geeze don't get all bent out of shape, this only makes me think more about accusing you of cheating
Old 08-03-2004, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i usually consider people who play live 25-50 NL to be reasonably rational and responsible thinking people.

[/ QUOTE ]

No judgements from me, but I just thought that this is a pretty funny statement when looked at from the point of view of, say, the 99.9% of the world that doesn't take poker as seriously as we do. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I mean, when you think about it from an outside perspective, playing poker for serious money is probably just a little bit crazy, and playing $25-50 NLHE is probably more than just a little bit crazy.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:31 PM

he's asking a rhetorical question fercryinoutloud. go back and rearead the post. does it look like he's accusing anyone of cheating?

--turnipmonster
Old 08-03-2004, 04:22 PM

Make sure to watch the table when Dill Pickle is seated, Spirit Rock owns on matusow.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:22 PM

Who is Legendary? He is giving away tens of thousands of dollars to Spirit Rock right now. Rebuy after rebuy and Spirit Rock keeps taking his money.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you folks pretty sure he is not colluding?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no reason to believe SR is colluding. I also have no reason to believe he isn't. I'd say the same about many of the players in that game, many of whom know each other very well and range from cardroom buddies to close friends who sometimes play on shared bankrolls.

Oftentimes there will be two or three close friends playing in that game. I wouldn't want to be the third or fourth guy in one of those games for a whole host of reasons.

Also note that these games are capped buyins, so the dynamics of people playing together will be a little different than what goes on in a cardroom.

People who don't acknowledge the inherent possibilities for creating extra edges in large buyin capped online games are either deluding themselves, or more often, just don't understand the nature of the game at these levels.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5. Do not, under any circumstances short of holding the nuts, call massive overbets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent post. I've mentioned that specific point a number of times. It's stunning that by splashing around in the small pots a lot, SR has been able to continue to get paid with his huge overbets.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5. Do not, under any circumstances short of holding the nuts, call massive overbets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent post. I've mentioned that specific point a number of times. It's stunning that by splashing around in the small pots a lot, SR has been able to continue to get paid with his huge overbets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had I not read this and remembered it, playing him H last night (not my brightest idea, but it ended well) I had AQ that was top 2, flush draw makes, he moves in. Pot was like $900. I turbomuck and end up not having to face anymore of those.

So yeah, if I ever meet you Uly, a round or two is on me for that tip [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]