Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2004, 02:37 AM

Default Re: ZeroRake exposed. And that\'s all I have to say about it.

[ QUOTE ]
he was zenkow? thought he was a shill for a sec.

[/ QUOTE ]nah, zenk plays too well to be a shill.

I wouldn't be surprised if picasso is a prop player or shill, but he really should be avoiding those situations. He has a lot of weaknesses in short games.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now if you can tie in Bin Laden and Al Quida, I think you will take the trifecta of absurdity!

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't pay attention to the news, do you? It is almost indisputable that Iraq and al Qaeda have connections.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:59 AM

I'm confused, I'm neutral here. I played zerorake for a week or so, cashed out my deposit and never went back just because of the poor game selection.

Here is my point.

Props get paid out of the rake right? So with no rake how do they pay the props? Do they just get the free $5 membership? Maybe mgt does play, if they do they are sleaze but with all the times I went in there and there were zero players I doubt they have much in the way of house players.

I do agree with you Mike about getting your chat banned. I do not know how bad you were but it could not be any worse then how I was treated by Segor (who actually apologized to me on RGP). If they did have a legit reason to ban your chat they at least owe you an email explanation or a way for you to redeem yourself.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:34 AM

Now that just about everyone at the table has identified themselves (is there anyone left who isn't a 2+2 poster?), a site that can only attract 2+2 posters is doomed.

Do you see why?
Old 07-18-2004, 09:04 AM

Default ZeroRake exposed?

Apart from a few minor points, you summed up the situation quite accurately, from your perspective. (One not so minor point is that I did not accuse you or anyone else of cheating. I goaded you all as much as I could in the hope that someone might have the balls to admit they were a shill, { = paid to play, by the house}. However, again, I was careful what I said, so "you", {as I thought you might be a shill at the time}, couldn't have a legitimate reason to remove my chat. I don't think a pain in the arse flow of chat is grounds enough to ban someone's chat. If you had all ignored me, {which you certainly did not - your all ganging up against me made me further sure, at the time, that I was right, and why I kept questioning you all}, I would have given up fairly quickly. When I come across other pains in the arse at other tables I either ignore them, hoping to take advantage of them or someone else at the table tilting, or I simply "laugh out loud" at their ridiculous rantings. They soon stop or bust out, generally.)

I didn't know it was you, and you didn't know it was me, so I don't think you should take anything I said personally, but if you are still harbouring a grudge against me, yes, I am totally happy to admit that I was wrong about MartyZero, now that I know he was you. If I had known it was you, I would not have aimed any of my fishing questions or banter at you. Period.

With regard to fatcat, unless what I described earlier was an amazing coincidence, I cannot yet see how he was able to remove my chat so quickly without being Management. If he is Management, he should tell every player as they join the table that he is Management. Indeed, it has been said here before that a respectable Management would not even play to win money at their own site.

I fired off an e-mail last night when I wrote the first post. Although it says on their site they will reply to e-mails within two hours, nearly twelve hours later I have not received anything. This is in addition to non-responses to two e-mails sent over the past week.

Ironically, I am one of those who want a no-rake site to come along and to gain a good market share. In fact, I am in correspondence with the boss of a certain site where I have given a precis of a total marketing package that would work, (I believe!), and, if he declines the ideas, I will be posting an open letter about it here in due course, for your thoughts and comments.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:15 AM

Default Re: ZeroRake exposed?

Thanks for the civil rake-o-meter explanation, SE.

Yes, i don't doubt you are far quicker and more intelligent than me - it's for reasons like this that I come to this forum to learn from others, as well as sometimes try to give a little back, if I can.

It's 2.00pm. A pint of Smithwicks, please.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:24 AM

well, I know that playing with a lot of good average players and no real fishes is not a way for the site to have success. Anyway as I dont play poker for a living, I just decide to spend time there, adding one more player and hoping...
Old 07-18-2004, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think a pain in the arse flow of chat is grounds enough to ban someone's chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, then why is Syntax banned frm 2+2?
Old 07-18-2004, 10:50 AM

Exactly.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:02 AM

I'm not going to carry a grudge about it. You're always very quick to admit when you've put a foot wrong, and I'm glad I got the chance to give the viewpoint of a regular guy playing at ZeroRake without coming off as spam.

Martin