Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2004, 06:34 PM

Default Re: a hand last night

[ QUOTE ]
Let him know that you won't be pushed around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too worried about that.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:37 PM

He would not have ccalled the flop with 88. He might have raised, though.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:47 PM

This guy would not have a Q nor would he have 88.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:33 PM

Call, and yell out "Pair the board!"
Old 07-13-2004, 08:43 PM

on the flop you need to check. the pot, "your" pot, is not big enough to protect with a bet here. everyone checking to you means it's more likely no one has anything, and it would be a crying shame to bet and take it down right there. that would be bad. but checking and literally FORCING everyone at the table to see the turn, then possibly letting someone catch up to you on the river, well actually that would be good. now if you have chronic check-callers or chronic checkraisers in your game then you may make a case for betting. i know you understand me so let's move on.

having played it as you did, you just go ahead and 3 bet the turn. part of you may be saying, well there's nothing he will call with that i beat and the only logical hand he can have is a straight and on and on. whatever. you wouldnt be saying that or making this post all those times he pays you off and flashes AQ or KK or 54 or Q8 or whatever. so you 3 bet here and happily call a 4 bet and dont trick yourself out of any extra bets.

for me the flop action is more interesting and having not read any of the posts yet im betting absolutely no one said to check the flop.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:47 PM

"The idea of thinking about how your opponents view you is a new concept that I've been thinking a great deal about"

yeah im the same with el diablo on this one. this is something youre just now starting to think about?? yikes!
Old 07-13-2004, 08:52 PM

I am more of small stakes player, and I understand the fact that your opponent is a good player makes a big difference, but if I posted this hand with me calling down after the raise I would get hammered by everone. Many references to weak/tight, mosters hiding places etc....

That doesn't mean it is correct, but it is interesting to see the different dynamic of posts here deepending on the poster.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:55 PM

He could not have AQ KK or Q8.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:58 PM

"He could not have AQ KK or Q8."

perfect, why not mention in the initial post that you have such a precise handle on the narrow range of hands he can have? since he's basically turned his cards up in the face of your masterful hand reading skills, you just call and hope to hit your boat and fold when you dont. pretty tough decision, i could see where youd really need our advice. happy?
Old 07-13-2004, 09:05 PM

Default more but with less venom

here let me explain why i hate your thread so deeply gabe. i read the intitial post and my initial thought was duh raise just like everyone's natural instinct would be. then i reread the word "GOOD" about ten times and realised you were just begging for people to say "raise" so you could then jump in and say "but he cant have this, that, the other thing, and he wouldnt do this, that, or those things, he's GOOD so clearly he must have the straight and the correct answer on the turn is CALL". it's just so obvious gabe. you dont need pats on the back man, we all know you play great. this thread just screams LOVE ME i make great slowdowns based on great reads. c'mon man i know you know what im saying here.

bad thread.