Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Greedy slavics quick poll.
Take the cash and flash your cards to the player 7 30.43%
Take the cash and roll your cards over 13 56.52%
Don't take the cash and roll the hand over 1 4.35%
Don't take the cash, muck your hand 1 4.35%
Don't take the cash, muck your hand, and say "I was bluffing" 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2004, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Rush Limbaugh Poll

I needed to answer #4 because of your failure to include this option: Limbaugh is on the same radio station as the Boston Red Sox, and some days I get in the car, and the station is already tuned in from the night before.

Strange you wouldn't have included it.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:26 PM

is rush even on the radio here in boston? i have never heard him on the air before, ever.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:14 PM

630 AM in Providence, I'm not sure about 680 in Boston.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:15 PM

"However, I wouldn't call Moore a hypocrite. I haven't seen any evidence to support that."

Any multimillionaire who claims to be a proponent of "wealth redistribution" who doesn't voluntarily redistribute a massive percentage of his own personal wealth is a hypocrite, in my book.

Also, as Kurn pointed out, Moore bad-mouths the very system that allowed him the opportunity to become rich and famous.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:16 PM

Come on, John, flip to WEEI for your sports talk(now heard in RI on 103.7 FM) In the morning show, you can hear Jerry Callahan. After listening to him for a while, Rush'll sound like a New-Deal liberal. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2004, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't call Moore a hypocrite

No. Nothing hypocritical at all about making millions bad mouthing capitalism.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok....please show me one instance of Moore bad-mouthing capitalism, just one example!. I'm asking for an actual example, not some argument about how he did a film on some company where he had some issue (like polluting, corporate fraud, etc.).

Just one simple example where Moore is badmouthing capitalism, that is all I ask.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Regarding his drug use, he talked about his golfing game almost daily during his shows over the past three or four years (with no mention of any back problems) . Then when he goes public about his drug addiction, he blames disabling back pain. OK, I'm not a doctor but I don't see how someone who is enduring this god-awful back pain can be such an avid golfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? You don't see how someone who is prescribed painkillers for a particular condition might be relieved of the pain caused by that condition? I suffer with back pain on occasion from an accident in high school - the pain goes away when I take painkillers. Duh...

[/ QUOTE ]
Duh... When your pain goes away, do you engage in activities that will further exacerbate your injuries?

Limbaugh was (or is) a DOPEHEAD. Your argument is ridiculous, Oxycontin is what he was taking (among other things). Oxycontin is a serious painkiller, not the type that is ever prescribed for back pain. You would most likely be prescribed Oxycontin is you are dying from cancer, are in unbearable pain and have a very short time left to live. What is you explanation for this? Let me guess...."it was a really painful back injury." HAHAHAHA
Old 07-14-2004, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"However, I wouldn't call Moore a hypocrite. I haven't seen any evidence to support that."

Any multimillionaire who claims to be a proponent of "wealth redistribution" who doesn't voluntarily redistribute a massive percentage of his own personal wealth is a hypocrite, in my book.

Also, as Kurn pointed out, Moore bad-mouths the very system that allowed him the opportunity to become rich and famous.

[/ QUOTE ]
What type of wealth redistribution are you referring to? I assume you are talking about the progressive tax structure. Unfortunately, that is the law of this country. "Wealth redistribution" is just a BS catch-phrase, this concept is prevalent in every society.

So in regards to Moore giving his wealth away....if I follow your logic that would mean that if a wealthy medical doctor supported free health care (provided by the government, free to the patient) for the poor, but he did not provide free health care (out of his own pocket) to the poor, then he would be a hypocrite? Is this correct?

The above is just an example, but the same point would apply to many situations.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I occasionally listen to his show. Why do people on this thread want to make a point out of that?

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that you seem to be taking Rush very personally. And you give neither Rush nor his listeners any credit for expressing their views in good faith. Yes, a great part of the show is preaching to the choir. But the show can be interesting and thought provoking. Your comments about Rush and his listeners are as one-sided and extreme as Rush's views about Democrats. He gives the Dems no credit for ever being correct or acting in good faith.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are correct. There are actually thinking people who listen to his show. But what is really frustrating to me is trying to have a logical discussion with someone who does not argue points, but simply parrots what they heard on Limbaugh's show (in a very smug manner). For the most part these people cannot prove or defend any of their points, they just "know" that it's the gospel because they heard it on his show. I can't speak for other parts of the country, but in the Dallas area there are alot of these individuals.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While I don't agree with what Rush says I dont think this poll is fair...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, poor Rush! Poor, defenseless Rush! This kind of liberal hate-speech is what drove him to pop all those Oxycontin in the first place... in fact, we should probably serve his jail term for him because we're really the ones at fault for his depravity! (Everyone knows how strongly Rush supports sending drug addicts to jail.)

Seriously, how can you talk about 'fair' for a man that holds up a picture of a 13-year-old girl and calls her the 'White House dog?'

The man is far worse than Michael Moore any day of the week. He lies, distorts and attacks far more viciously and egregiously than anyone, with the possible exception of Ann Coulter.

He claimed there are more Indians alive today than there were when Columbus landed.

He claimed there are more trees, too.

He also claimed cigarettes don't cause cancer.

The man is not the least bit principled or interesting. He is a one-dimensional attack-dog for a laundry list of far-right causes, debasing political debate in this country with every word he spews. There are a host of conservative radio personalities far more worthy of air time.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree 100%.