Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Confess your poker sins

I kick my dog when I get rivered.

.. Sometimes my wife too!
Old 10-20-2005, 01:48 PM

I once played a tournament with $0 in my bankroll.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:07 PM

I play when I'm tired a lot.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:50 PM

I occasionally play "tackle-out"
Old 10-20-2005, 05:20 PM

LOL, everybody makes mistakes, hopefully some of us learn from them. My personal favorite "sin" was this:

I'm getting crushed in a game and am almost broke (on-line). I'm just livid, and beyond any emotional state I ever thought I could attain. I'm randomly typing profanities and being rude to other players. I had become what I absolutely despise with all my heart and soul.

Down to my case money in EP and raise w/ KJo...I flop top pair and play it as aggressively as possible HU w/ blind... I think I get all my money in on the flop, and in the process I type something to the effect of "IT DOESN'T MATTER, WHATEVER YOU NEED BUDDY, IT'S COMMING!"

Of course he cathes some unlikely runner runner and busts me. Then as if I hadn't already acted foolishly enough I type in something to the effect of: "F U YOU F'ING LOW LIFE SCUM... I HATE YOU ALL"

I proceeded to try to put my broke ass to sleep.

In my mind, that is about as low as I can imagine going, and I will hopefully never return to a spot even remotely close to that.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:45 PM

Default I am so ashamed...

(2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

4 players in a raised pot

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Bet, Raise, I call (!), Re-raise, fold, call, I call

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Bet, Raise, I call (Jesus!!!), call

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Bet, Raise, I Re-Raise, call, call

#1 A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
#2 A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

ZenMusician wins a million tilted donk dollars. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

-ZEN
Old 10-20-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: I am so ashamed...

Nice...

That is classic, and I swear man, in some of my altered states of being...inebriated... I could sit there after your 22 hand and actually come up with a reason based in logic as to why and how I played the hand profitably in the long run...

Saying to myself: "Those fish never would have got the value out of that boat on the river like I did!"

Lord help me... for I have sins upon sins!!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, everybody makes mistakes, hopefully some of us learn from them. My personal favorite "sin" was this:

I'm getting crushed in a game and am almost broke (on-line). I'm just livid, and beyond any emotional state I ever thought I could attain. I'm randomly typing profanities and being rude to other players. I had become what I absolutely despise with all my heart and soul.

Down to my case money in EP and raise w/ KJo...I flop top pair and play it as aggressively as possible HU w/ blind... I think I get all my money in on the flop, and in the process I type something to the effect of "IT DOESN'T MATTER, WHATEVER YOU NEED BUDDY, IT'S COMMING!"

Of course he cathes some unlikely runner runner and busts me. Then as if I hadn't already acted foolishly enough I type in something to the effect of: "F U YOU F'ING LOW LIFE SCUM... I HATE YOU ALL"

I proceeded to try to put my broke ass to sleep.

In my mind, that is about as low as I can imagine going, and I will hopefully never return to a spot even remotely close to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Knish still has the truck.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:19 PM

I hit and run. It's without question my biggest poker sin. I get up a bit and think that it would be nice to go to sleep up, and I just quit. As a result, I don't play nearly enough poker and I am costing myself money. Sigh.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:52 PM

I tilt and I drink, then I drink some more.

I also should have moved up limits a long time ago