Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Poker gods kick me in the balls and spit in my face (some content)

"sometimes you really sound like tommy"

Thank you.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:02 AM

"When did I do that? Show me one post where I said hero is on tilt and making false reads because he's desparate."

you dont say it you just suggest it, or even fret over it, it's tiresome. youve done it to me countless times, and so has tommy.

not everything can be traced back to tilt, sometimes you just get your ass kicked and want someone to say they hear ya.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"When did I do that? Show me one post where I said hero is on tilt and making false reads because he's desparate."

you dont say it you just suggest it, or even fret over it, it's tiresome. youve done it to me countless times, and so has tommy.

not everything can be traced back to tilt, sometimes you just get your ass kicked and want someone to say they hear ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hear ya mike.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, why did the poster say he'd been playing for 14 hours? If there was no reason to say it, just general info., fine. But I questioned him about whether he thought it might be a factor. Otherise, why mention it? He said it wasn't. I take him at his word. But his view of things might not be as objective as others viewing it from a distance. Isn't that why we post here, to get others' view of things?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only stated that it was the end of a 14 hr session because I thought it was hilariously ironic that this happened to be my very last hand of a very long session. I am very confident that I was still 100% on top of my game. Had I been tilting I would have done just the opposite and called him down despite the fact that pocket eights were the only hand he could possibly have.

[ QUOTE ]
-He asked, "what do you think of my line?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically I asked this just to see if anyone is calling this down. Calling down is pretty horrible imo, but I understand that you guys werent there and didnt know the player so you pretty much have to take my word for it.

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't we pathetic, sniping at each other like this, sitting in front of a machine on a fine Friday evening in paradise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am back in MN, I have an excuse [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2005, 01:28 PM

To quote you, I call bullsh*t. I've never suggested you were on tilt in making a play. You certainly play a different style than I do because you're a better player, and that's no bullsh*t. If you read into one of my posts that I felt a tilt was at work, you're wrong. And if my at times sarcastic writing style has caused such a reading, I apologize.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:33 PM

I just re-read your original post and my orignial response. It seemed to me, in reading it, with you talking about 2005 being awful, and the 14-hour session, and the ace coming after you folded, that you yourself might have felt that you weren't at your best during the session and that's why I asked you if you felt that way. If the trying-to-be-too-clever "strike one," "strike two," stuff came across as holier than thou, it wasn't my intention, and you have my apology. Actually, to be able to make that fold in that situation with pocket aces was a remarkable play, IMO.

I still feel playing shorter sessions, though, especially when running bad, is good advice.

You're a good player. It will turn for you soon.

Best regards,
Andy
Old 03-26-2005, 02:10 PM

"You're a good player. It will turn for you soon."

yeah probably sometime in the next 200k hands or 3 years of live play. 87% confidence level on that one.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just re-read your original post and my orignial response. It seemed to me, in reading it, with you talking about 2005 being awful, and the 14-hour session, and the ace coming after you folded, that you yourself might have felt that you weren't at your best during the session and that's why I asked you if you felt that way. If the trying-to-be-too-clever "strike one," "strike two," stuff came across as holier than thou, it wasn't my intention, and you have my apology. Actually, to be able to make that fold in that situation with pocket aces was a remarkable play, IMO.

I still feel playing shorter sessions, though, especially when running bad, is good advice.

You're a good player. It will turn for you soon.

Best regards,
Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Andy, I know you were just giving you honest opinion and I can understand where you were coming from....sorry I started all this flaming between you and mike.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"You're a good player. It will turn for you soon."

yeah probably sometime in the next 200k hands or 3 years of live play. 87% confidence level on that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2005, 03:25 PM

You didn't start anything. Mike's on tilt.