Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Would you play russian roulette

Disappear, scumbag!
Old 07-13-2005, 04:23 AM

C'mon, this is straight Sklansky tournament strategy. 5 out of 6 times you win $10 million, but 1/6th of the time you die. If you die, you can't come back and play the game again. Therefore, it's in your best interest to not play...SON.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Re: the 100-chamber deal.

What's the bet? Are we talking - spin this enormous revolving cylinder, snap in place, cock, aim at head, pull trigger, collect if your skull is still intact?

B/c I take that bet in a heartbeat.

Are we talking: spin, trade shots until one of us is dead? B/c in that case it hardly matters how many chambers there are; might as well be two...

[/ QUOTE ]

First scenario.

You're still out of your damn mind (no pun intended) if you'd do it. The risk/reward ration is entirely out of whack.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:19 AM

Would anyone refuse to play with a thousand barrels? A million? From the appalled way in which some of you have answered, it sounds as if there is no number of barrels for which you'd play the game. I find that very difficult to believe.

That some of us would play with a hundred, but not six--now that's interesting. It's almost as if you can put a dollar figure on your life. What's in the scales? I guess your answer depends on how much you fear death.

Myself, I'd like to think I'd play with 6 barrels, but I'd probably chicken out with the gun at my head.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:24 AM

I would take everything I own and sit at the highest stakes poker table I could afford. If i busted, I would do the 10 million with 6 chambers. If I didn't bust, then I guess I wouldn't have to. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

but honestly, I think i'd do it with 8 chambers right now if I had the chance.

still getting a cap gun for the sweet freezeout action tho
Old 07-13-2005, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would anyone refuse to play with a thousand barrels? A million? From the appalled way in which some of you have answered, it sounds as if there is no number of barrels for which you'd play the game. I find that very difficult to believe.

That some of us would play with a hundred, but not six--now that's interesting. It's almost as if you can put a dollar figure on your life. What's in the scales? I guess your answer depends on how much you fear death.

Myself, I'd like to think I'd play with 6 barrels, but I'd probably chicken out with the gun at my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't play it even with a Million barrels. The risk/reward ratio is too bad. I have a family that I can support well and I am happy with my life. How could I ever justify to them to put that at risk just for money?

Oh, and it has nothing to do with "fear of death". It has more to do with how you value your life. Mine is invaluable.

I wouldn't even cut a tip of my finger off for 10 Mio $. No money in the world could make me do that.

Old 07-13-2005, 06:46 AM

I'de do it for a 1000$ and a box of cracker jacks.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:46 AM

with 1000 chambers, i'd pull it 10 times , million bucks per pull.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't play it even with a Million barrels. The risk/reward ratio is too bad. I have a family that I can support well and I am happy with my life. How could I ever justify to them to put that at risk just for money?

[/ QUOTE ]

With a million barrels, the risk is miniscule. There is some increase in quality of life that 10 million dollars would give you. There must be some point at which you'd say, "[censored] it! What are the chances I die? Gimme that gun." What if there were a bajillion barrels? Then I think you'd owe your family an explanation for why you passed up a free 10 million dollars.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and it has nothing to do with "fear of death". It has more to do with how you value your life. Mine is invaluable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just rhetoric. No, really--you brought a tear to my eye. You "fear" to leave your family without a provider, you "fear" to not have their company. It's the other side of valuing something.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:10 AM

no