Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Why SS is not as good as it could have been (rant content)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are an idiot. Keep posting, you are the reason SS is not what it could be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I think I have only 10 posts here. I lack the experience to post qualitatively about hands. On creating a culture for learning though, I consider myself an expert.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - create a culture of learning by coming on here and insulting the small stakes posters. Nice work. I bet you can learn a thing or two here mr. expert. It is well documents that post count has nothing to do with poker skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I tried to point out, most posters are better poker players than me. I was not trying to be an expert, just wanting people to stop looking at themselves as experts when they are posting here. I want them still to post, but if they realize they don't know much about the game (compared to where we most want to go) the discussion will be more fruitful.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do you mean people whose responses to questions are more or less brush offs? Or do you mean that a reply like e"easy 3-bet" should come with an explanation why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, often answers like "easy 3-bet" is brushing people off and even if 3-bet is correct the brushing off stops a good discussion, especially when the one who brushes off is joined by others.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:08 AM

This one-liner thing has been discussed a lot and a lot of reasonable people think that saying "easy 3-bet" and then having others think about why is a better learning tool than spoon-feeding. No one is discouraged from asking why, and no one is ignored when they do.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:23 AM

I know I suck at poker. Thanks for pointing that out though just in case I woke up and mistakenly felt otherwise. I'm OK with that though because I don't even like poker.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You suck at poker. If you had been good you would have played higher!

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of possible rebuttals to this but let me just throw out an illustration for what is worth. Player 1 and Play 2 each play Party $3/6. Player 1 is in college and her parents pay all of her tuition and costs. Player 1 beats the game for 1BB/100 but rolls all winnings into her bankroll so she can move up. Player 2 multitables the $3/6 game as a living and supports a family. He beats the game for 2.75BB/100 and maintains an adequate roll for the game after paying living expenses. He builds his roll but it goes slowly due to all of his expenses.

After a year, Player 2 is still at $3/6 but thinks he may dip inot the $5/10 game when it looks particularly juicy. Player 1 decides to jump into the Party $15/30 game since she has the roll and she hears it is stocked with fish and that she can likely beat the game for at least a little. Is Player 1 better than Player 2. She is now officialy a "$15/30 player" unlike Player 2, who is still "stuck" at $3/6.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:36 AM

You also have to understand that alot of SS posters are higher players and the answers indeed are very straitforward and easy.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:41 AM

You suck at posting.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of possible rebuttals to this but let me just throw out an illustration for what is worth. Player 1 and Play 2 each play Party $3/6. Player 1 is in college and her parents pay all of her tuition and costs. Player 1 beats the game for 1BB/100 but rolls all winnings into her bankroll so she can move up. Player 2 multitables the $3/6 game as a living and supports a family. He beats the game for 2.75BB/100 and maintains an adequate roll for the game after paying living expenses. He builds his roll but it goes slowly due to all of his expenses.

After a year, Player 2 is still at $3/6 but thinks he may dip inot the $5/10 game when it looks particularly juicy. Player 1 decides to jump into the Party $15/30 game since she has the roll and she hears it is stocked with fish and that she can likely beat the game for at least a little. Is Player 1 better than Player 2. She is now officialy a "$15/30 player" unlike Player 2, who is still "stuck" at $3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

You just reminded me that it's time to pay my student loan bill I accrued over ten years ago. There goes 1/5 of my bankroll yet again!
Old 07-23-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Retardation has been taken to a new low.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:36 PM

In my situation, I agree - I suck at poker. Everytime I sit at a 1/2 6-max table, I am humbled time and again at how bad I suck at poker (I know - how bad is that). Seems I can play only one thing well - full ring 2/4. But, I crush the hell outta that. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Closed Thread