Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: HI! IM FROM THE INTERNET!(Vegas Trip Report)

Mini trip report add-on:

So Will and I get off the plane in Vegas at 11:45 pm on Friday and head immediately to the Bellagio to fulfill our degenerate needs. I get on the list for the 30 game and get a seat at a table with only two 2+2'ers (GoblinMason and a HUSH lurker). I proceed to order two drinks at a time through the night and run really well. Eventually GoblinMason and Brian (HUSH lurker) leave and are replaced by Deathdonkey and GoT, which especially in my now somewhat drunk state is not an improvement in my expectation.

Right after they sit down I order the best Heuvos Rancheros (sp?) I have ever had and of course accompanied that with a couple of Sierra Nevada’s. As the night wears on I continue to be the luck box that I am, but decide move down to the 15/30 with Will and drink more. I get in this game in the 1 seat and the rest of that line up for that table included Bakku, Will, rmarroti, rmarroti's friend, plus 5 other randoms.

Most interesting hand from that session (at least as much of it as I could remember) went as follows:

I open OTB with 36 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and both blinds call.

I flop a gutshot and a diamond draw and proceed to 5 bet the big blind with the intention of taking a free card on the turn. The big blind complies and checks the turn to me I promptly check behind and get there on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] After the hand an equally drunk Bakku announces that I just passed Rob as his new favorite white person.

We stay at the Bellagio for a couple more hours and I continue to play worse than Will, but run much, much better. 10 am then rolls around and we decide to head to Wynn and see if we can check in early and if not try and find a donked up game at that hour in the morning.

More to come...
Old 11-07-2005, 07:15 PM

Please post more soon. I love reading these reports. And someone pleaaase post a clear picture of everyone is it exists.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please post more soon. I love reading these reports. And someone pleaaase post a clear picture of everyone is it exists.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see any pictures get taken the entire trip actually, although I wasn't at the Magoo game so maybe there were some there. In retrospect, I wish I'd thought to use my cell phone camera at a couple key points in the weekend.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:09 PM

Dark checkraising the turn, then going 7 bets on the turn and 4 bets on the river is SO hot.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dark checkraising the turn, then going 7 bets on the turn and 4 bets on the river is SO hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing beats CDC c/r the field 7handed on the turn in the 15game with you, GoT, bakkubakku drawing dead
Old 11-07-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing beats CDC c/r the field 7handed on the turn in the 15game with you, GoT, bakkubakku drawing dead

[/ QUOTE ]

CDC checkraises for value quite often when he's drawing dead, so it didn't seem that odd to me.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:42 PM

yeah, the only guy I can make out is dids, wonder why [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2005, 08:44 PM

okay, while the nyc crimson challenge was cool, I'm definetly gonna need to be at the next one of these things
Old 11-08-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Sweet Hand

I'm going to write a little something later about how I table select bad, but I don't really feel like writing a lot now. Anyway, 10 handed 30/60 game with CDC, Klepto, TStoneMBD, Victor, Brian (HUSH lurker), Josh, myself, and a couple of donks.

Klepton opens UTG, CDC (his stats for this table were probably something like 60/20/0.5) 3 bets, Klepton 4 bets, CDC 5 bets, Klepton calls.

Flop Q55
it goes 4 bets

Turn 5
CDC announces he has a full house
klepton check calls

River 4
klepton check calls

CDC is shipped the pot with 44.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Where are the Rest (of the) (Vegas Trip Report)

Bump.

C'mon guys, where are the rest of you. No one else wants to let us losers who couldn't attend in on the trip?