Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Being bet into when your big overs whiff...

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that more bets are going in should make you want to fold it, not continue.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I said this, I was referring to the two people left to act behind you that have two cards.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:48 PM

This didn't make any sense to me at first, but I like it now... if villain is on the frush draw, we collect an extra bet out of him and perhaps fold a smaller pair behind us. If villain 3-bets, our outs to top pair are likely no good so dump.

After the turn raise, I assume it's an auto-check on a river blank? Villain isn't likely to fold if he has a pair, and isn't likely to call if he missed his frush.

[ QUOTE ]
I call here with the idea of raising dumping on the turn if it's a brick

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2005, 01:10 PM

What kind of reads do you have on these guys?

If it would have been me, with no reads, I wouldn't have raised the flop.

And on the turn, the way you've played it, with three other people willing to 3-bet the flop, I'd be out of there. That many people, someone's got a hand.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This didn't make any sense to me at first, but I like it now... if villain is on the frush draw, we collect an extra bet out of him and perhaps fold a smaller pair behind us. If villain 3-bets, our outs to top pair are likely no good so dump.

After the turn raise, I assume it's an auto-check on a river blank? Villain isn't likely to fold if he has a pair, and isn't likely to call if he missed his frush.

[ QUOTE ]
I call here with the idea of raising dumping on the turn if it's a brick

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the idea is that villain betting into us doesn't necessarily even have the flush draw. If he's willing to 3-bet when the turn comes flush AND (ace or king) AND with the preflop raiser is raising, then he probably has top pair beat.

And waiting until the turn to raise actually offers the ability to protect your hand on the turn against lower pairs because you'll be offering something like 4-5:1 on the turn if they want to cold-call.

The river check/bet can go either way if it's another brick. I can see players looking you up and players folding. I think I'm bet-folding here. You'll often get looked up by a flopped top pair (and villain will think to himself "I thought it was AK", congratulate himself on his steallar read, and muck his hand). A read would certainly help out quite a bit in this decision.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:33 PM

considering there is no reads, i put bb on a set or two pair pending on the player. maybe he is overplaying A8. im not gonna assume he has a monster w/no reads just yet, so i am gonna call the flop reraise and fold the turn UI if bet into again. i might see the river if i had a read on him, but i would rather not chase and maybe happen to hit and still be dead.