Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Norman Chad

Sexton is the poker equivelent to long time Yankee announcer, Phil Rizzuto.

"It's a long fly ball, deep deep deep...caught by the short stop just off the pitchers mound."

He's such a homer and so freakin positive. Just once I'd like to hear Sexton say, "This guy is just horrible. How the hell did HE make a final table."

VVP: "That's for sure, can we get this guy for my home game?"
Old 01-13-2005, 03:13 PM

Talking about members of the "Crew" writing a book, Chad said, with those guys, of course it would have to be a coloring book.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:25 PM

i can't think of my favorite chad one-liners off the top of my head, but i do remember thinking it was funny that he kept thinking jan slavik had snuck to the final table halfway in, because he plays so unnoticeably.

chad should also be given credit for spot-on editorial comments like saying jim mcmanus was out of line for criticizng ellix power's straddle, as well as saying dave colclough was out of line for blasting robert williamson for talking during a hand.

norman chad is great.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:43 PM

'I'm a big fan of the Crew Lon, but can't they just walk on the sidewalk? What is this, Westside Story?'

Best line ever.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I totally disagree(no offense), I think his nonsense quotes take away from the actual game. I mean why can't he simply do it in a professional manner like Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten on the WPT. and I really found his little attempts at humor to be quite obnoxious

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the greatest examples of sarcasm I've ever read.

Or at least I hope it was.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:48 PM

I actually think those lines are exactly what's wrong with Norman Chad. It's just not funny, and he's clearly trying too hard at all points in time. When I saw this clip with my friends, we all screamed about how much we hate Norman Chad and how corny he is. I'm just shocked that some people find the "I shouldn't have married a woman I met at a Jiffy Lube" quote humorous at all.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just shocked that some people find the "I shouldn't have married a woman I met at a Jiffy Lube" quote humorous at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well when you divorce your current wife, you'll probably see the humor, but for now, it's probably just hitting too close to home.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:22 PM

I will say that I do think he was trying a little too hard during the 2004 WSOP coverage. He's still funny and by far the best poker commentator on tv - infinitely better than VVP. I hope ESPN keeps him and Lon together for their WSOP coverage for a long time. They're a perfect fit.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:10 PM

How about this one;

"Phil's first book was called Play Poker Like the Pro's, his second should be called Cry Like a Baby".