Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 07:42 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: A Small Flush in the Big Blind

were you the kid at turning stone that was wearing a shirt that said "K4s but it was sooted?" back over the summer. for some reason I have a feeling it was you

anyway the 9h should bet the river. better hands bet if checked to, while most worse hands check through. worse hands call and he rarely gets bluff raised as that would have been done on the turn. it's as simple as that

and once the guy checks, you gotta bet the 8h. no reason to think that he's not betting again with a heart. and there's value when he has a smaller heart or just an A
Old 10-23-2005, 07:44 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I think villain should've bet the river. First of all, the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is on board, so it is not popping on the river. So that leaves the T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I can't imagine the Q or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] not raising the turn behind him here. Only way villain can assume he's beat here is with the T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. In my view it's worth the chance, and worth it for him to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. I think so too.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's standard Clarkmeister. Villain must bet the river and fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that the "think for myself" works better than the "I must Clarkmeister" but that's just me
Old 10-23-2005, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I find that the "think for myself" works better than the "I must Clarkmeister" but that's just me

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that when I think for myself, I decide that the Clarkmeister theorem applies in this hand. But that's just me not being a total assshole.

Go back to threaded mode.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
were you the kid at turning stone that was wearing a shirt that said "K4s but it was sooted?" back over the summer. for some reason I have a feeling it was you

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope... I generally don't wear t-shirts (nor such kitschy poker attire)... I was only at Turning Stone a couple of times this summer, as I spent most of the time in NYC (I might have encountered you at S.C. or BW, more likely).

I agree with your point that the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] should bet the river and fold to a raise. My one comment is that with the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or similar, I might well not raise the turn in position here, as I think many opponents would be able to fold a lower flush to a raise but might put in a bet on the river.