Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 04:44 AM

Default Re: girls are annoying

[ QUOTE ]
self-control doesnt put naked pictures on the internet within 2 weeks of a break

[/ QUOTE ]

actually they aren't on the internet, it was for a calender of college girls in the city she is living in now (in arizona). she claims that the hard copies were destroyed and she has the only digital ones on the computer. if she thinks this guy doesn't have them she is so clueless.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:46 AM

This sounds like an eleborate scheme on his part.... Hmmm, is your girl perhaps a waitress?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This sounds like an eleborate scheme on his part.... Hmmm, is your girl perhaps a waitress?

[/ QUOTE ]

she works at a coffee shop. she was actually asked to a dinner party by a customer for this weekend but she said no thankfully. but i think she met this guy when she worked at a museum over the summer with an internship.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:53 AM

that's harder. Easy play is nothing, but if it's actually bothering you, then doing something is better then just being pissed for (to what will seem to her) as no reason.

My advice? Say
I think that guy likes you, that's cool that your friends with him, and frankly i don't really care if you ever hooked up with him or not, but it does make me somewhat uncomfotable.

Then in no unequivical terms say, i just wanted to tell you that, so we can be clear that i'm fine with you hanging out with him or whatever you want to do, and i really legitimately won't begrudge your friendship (try to mean that part), but i'm just uncomfortable with the guy personally.

More generally,

it sounds pretty sappy, but make it about you and not about her, because REALLY this is about you and not her. Just say i don't like the guy, but it's your deal, i just don't like the guy. Simple and succinct.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:56 AM

i like you.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:02 AM

i summarized a paragraph on the burr/hamilton incident to a sentence like a month ago, the thanks response was almost as touching.

Seriously though seems like you were thinking in the right direction allready, hope everything works out.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:08 AM

the only thing you can trust a girl to do is to not put herself in situations where feelings for other people might develop. no matter what she says, she is still capable of developing feelings for someone else because feelings can't be controlled.

to the op: i would not try to find out about more about the guy. it won't help your situation at all. what you need to do is tell her you're uncomfortable with her putting herself in those kind of situations. that's all you say. if she really cares for you, she should do whatever it takes to make you not feel uncomfortable. if she doesn't...well, leave her.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:10 AM

Quick thoughts---

She is trying to get you to react in the ways described in #1-4. In this way, you come off like the jerk and she can leave because, in her mind (this is woman's logic BTW), you acted like an ass. She is being passive-aggressive in getting you to blow up and she can leave guilt free and have no feelings for you.

You should both get drunk together, slow dance, get sentimental and sappy or whatever, and confront her with the fact that her relationship with the man in question hurts you because it reminds you of the time you two were separated. She'll either be touched or laugh at your insecurities. Don't be a puss about this though. Let her know you're still the MFM (mother f'ing man) and not a crying emo douche-nozzle. I don't know if she'll stop hanging around the dude, but she'll make it less often if she respects you.

Also, I don't know much about your relationship so my advice might likely suck but I just asked myself, "Self, what would the MFM do in this situation?" and that is what I got.

BTW-

Where are these calendar pics?
Old 11-03-2005, 05:23 AM

1) Tell her she has to choose. Stop dating/calling/meeting/whatever the other guy, or get dumped by you. Either you're single, so you can do whatever you want, or you're involved with someone, so dating is a thing of the past.

2) before you dump her, make sure you have a copy of the pictures

3) after you dump her, make sure you post them here.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:24 AM

Only if shes hot though