Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: three hands against one maniac

I agree with a lot of this. I'm okay with the preflop 3-bet preflop in hand 1, but calling the check-raise on the flop is dubious at best.

Hand 3 was played well, but I would plan on stopping around 5-6 bets with this opponent.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:13 AM

how on earth can i fold to a c/r on the flop in hand 1 getting 10.5 to 1 with backdoor backdoor overcard and possible best hand closing action in position?

also how wretchedly weak/loose/bad is that going to look to the rest of the table? i might as well just pin a bullseye to my forehead.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:12 PM

Hand 1:
Will she fold A-high if you raise turn and bet the end? If not I like the line somewhat... but even against the laggiest of opponents it is tough to show a profit calling down with K-high

Hand 2:
I don't like this hand. There is not much you can beat here. I would probably fold this hand. Even lags wake up to a hand every now and then.

Hand 3: Bad turn and river, but a call down is probably in order here as well.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:16 PM

"Will she fold A-high"

never.

"Even lags wake up to a hand every now and then."

what hand does she have that beats A2 have when she just calls that flop? the answer: none.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:15 AM

I figured as much on hand 1 that she never folds A-high... it was more of a rhetorical question. However, if you are confident you have the best hand on the turn as well as the best draw... shouldn't you raise for value?

I take it you won hand 2? Irregardless of the results... A-2 is a tough hand to play profitably against this opponent.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:38 PM

Hand 1, I raise river (or turn) if I think I can get A high / better Ks to fold with her. Otherwise I call too.

Hand 2, I fold preflop, I don't like putting in two bets w/ A2s, even if maniacs 3-bet is not meaningful, hijack raiser could likely have us dominated and in trouble, and the maniac will be in there pumping the pot making it quite expensive for us.

Hand 3, I probably play it the same.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:34 AM

Where is this game? They don't spread 80 at OC11 now do they? Last time I was there it was only 20-40.

In regards to your posts, all I have to say is what is wrong with this lady? I think you are pushing your small edges hard which I like in limit HE. 12 bets on the flop is a lot. I'd put in 6-8 bets if she is really this nutty. What were the results?

Brian R
Old 12-06-2005, 01:58 AM

"What were the results?"

i lost all three hands and she was way out of line in 2 of the 3 hands.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:41 AM

Default results

im gonna stop posting hands. for better or for worse, im just too convinced that i play my hands right so it makes it a waste of time for everyone. when i have a real question about a hand or a concept i just call gabe and straighten it out (or argue with him till he gets sick of me).

i lost all three hands. in hand 1 she had K5 and rivered a straight. in hand 2 she had 87 and rivered a pair. in hand 3 she caught a Q on the turn.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
im gonna stop posting hands. for better or for worse, im just too convinced that i play my hands right so it makes it a waste of time for everyone. when i have a real question about a hand or a concept i just call gabe and straighten it out (or argue with him till he gets sick of me).

i lost all three hands. in hand 1 she had K5 and rivered a straight. in hand 2 she had 87 and rivered a pair. in hand 3 she caught a Q on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't ever stop posting hands. Even though you have to deal with crap like you did in this thread, I hope you gained insight into the corectness of your play by reading what you think are wrong responses and thus solidifying your thoughts. And sometimes people do make helpful comments. Finally, while this isn't really of benefit to you, there are young players lurking in the background learning from your hands.